Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2014 7:30:31 PM EDT
Would you rather have the M&P 15-22 or Colt M4-.22? Does the colt accept other lower parts as a regular M4? Or is it a little different sizing like the 15-22?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Would you rather have the M&P 15-22 or Colt M4-.22? Does the colt accept other lower parts as a regular M4? Or is it a little different sizing like the 15-22?
View Quote

Colt is a completely different firearm that looks like an AR on the outside. Smith is a lot like the AR, with small size differences. Of the two i'd prefer the Smith.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally would bo 15-22.

Look up "Colt M4 .22 Field Stripping" on Youtube.
You will notice that you are not supposed to remove the bolt assembly from the rifle for any reason, including cleaning.
My friend has one, and you have to get creative to get all the gunk out of it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I personally would bo 15-22.

Look up "Colt M4 .22 Field Stripping" on Youtube.
You will notice that you are not supposed to remove the bolt assembly from the rifle for any reason, including cleaning.
My friend has one, and you have to get creative to get all the gunk out of it.
View Quote

Thanks. I watched this and the m&p 15-22 field stripping and that made my mind up. 15-22 is what I will be getting. Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The M&P is a breeze to strip and clean.
I was thinking about getting an M4. After watching videos i'm not so sure. Especially that little barrel that is attached to the bolt assembly. I wondered why you needed to loosen the flash hider to open the upper.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top