Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2014 5:34:26 PM EDT
For years I have been having sporadic/intermittent feeding and cycling issues with my Target model (bull barrel) 10/22
Its a target model with a 3X9 Bushnell in the walnut stock.
I have tried various magazines and tried many types of ammo and it would always jam or misfeed  numerous times.
I could barely get a mag through it and it would stick.
After taking it apart, I noticed the ejector had a nasty burr on the forward edge that was causing it to stick in the slot.
I had to touch it up with some 120 grit sanding paper and its smooth and cycles perfect.
It apparently is a simple stamped part and was not inspected perfectly prior to assembly.
It's been awhile since this was purchased and I have fought this problem for years, thoroughly cleaned and lubricated it always.
It sat for quite awhile and I tossed many mags out, thinking they were junk.
It was the rifle's OEM condition straight from the factory and flawed.
I hope many others have not had this problem and that the quality hasn't gotten much worse.
There's not many parts here guys, lets look at them very closely.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad had a smith model 41 that was giving him fits with not running. I disassembled it and found a nick in one of the slide rails stoned it back and ran perfect after that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top