Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2014 4:31:30 PM EDT
Picked up a new Ruger American Rimfire compact with threaded barrel this past friday.  $280 out the door at a new gun/pawn shop that just opened locally.

I'm looking for some scope suggestions for less than $200.

Is the Nikon P-22 a pretty good budget scope?  How bout the P-223 in case I want to move it over to my AR?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:39:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm wondering the same thing!  I have a Redfield Battlezone 3-9x42 and love the tac-moa reticle. It's hard to rationalize glass that costs more than the rifle though, especially for a rimfire plinker.  Anyone have experience with some of the other offerings?  I am especially concerned with having a fine reticle
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I put a Simmons .22 Mag scope on mine. Two things I liked about it are:

1. It was cheap. $59, and they had a $30 rebate offer at the time, net-net I paid only 30 bucks for it.

2. It is an AO scope, which I think is important for a .22, which is generally shot at no more than 50 yards but can also be used at longer distances.

I'm quite happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Used a BSA Sweet 22. Still haven't shot the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I put a Simmons .22 Mag scope on mine. Two things I liked about it are:

1. It was cheap. $59, and they had a $30 rebate offer at the time, net-net I paid only 30 bucks for it.

2. It is an AO scope, which I think is important for a .22, which is generally shot at no more than 50 yards but can also be used at longer distances.

I'm quite happy with it.
View Quote

I also bought this scope for the same reasons. I'm very pleased with it, especially for the price.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Redfield Revenge I got from Midway:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/163230/redfield-revenge-rifle-scope-3-9x-42mm-dial-n-shoot-accu-plex-reticle-matte
They are in a set of Warne dovetail amounts I had sitting around. I was going to go 2-7 since I think 3x on anything under 50yds is a bit much and May go that way later but this scope is excellent for now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top