Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2014 4:13:24 PM EDT
I have a 10/22 akedown that I am looking to put different sights on. I cant make up my mind what I want. I may be leaning toward the Williams ace in the hole> Any one else have any recommendations? Hi viz? Tru glo? Please shw some pics and your opinion. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have these on one of mine. I love these Sights
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't tried their sights, but NoDak makes some for the 10/22 that look excellent.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Marbles bullseye to replace the rear sight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have these on one of mine. I love these Sightshttp://www.tech-sights.com/TSR200%20new%20combo%20sm.jpg
View Quote

FPNI, Tech sights FTMFW!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:38:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have these on one of mine. I love these Sightshttp://www.tech-sights.com/TSR200%20new%20combo%20sm.jpg
View Quote

The one I have is the Tech Sight TSR200RL Sight Package for Ruger® 10/22® Rail.  This one mounts on the stock rail that comes with the Ruger 10/22.  I have these mounted on my Take Down model and I'm using an Aimpoint H-1 red dot with it.  Awesome setup.  I never really got used to using an aperture sight until I got this sight.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The one I have is the Tech Sight TSR200RL Sight Package for Ruger® 10/22® Rail.  This one mounts on the stock rail that comes with the Ruger 10/22.  I have these mounted on my Take Down model and I'm using an Aimpoint H-1 red dot with it.  Awesome setup.  I never really got used to using an aperture sight until I got this sight.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do the front sights fit the exising dovetail on a standard 10/22 barrel?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does.  Really nice setup.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool.  I don't do well with those little notch sights and bead fronts.  I like a bold front post.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#9]
If you don't want to use a scope, replacement sights have been mentioned above. If you want to use a scope as well as iron, you might consider what I did: I put a deep Picatinny rail on the receiver and a Skinner barrel mounted aperture sight in the rear sight notch. It also required a higher front sight. I mounted a Weaver 2x7 rimfire scope in Warne QD mounts. The Skinner sight is below the mounted scope and the scope seems to retain zero as it is removed and replaced.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I put the tech sights on mine and I love them.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Which set of sights are you guys using?  The TSR100 or the TSR200?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Which set of sights are you guys using?  The TSR100 or the TSR200?
View Quote

I did the TSR200, with the dual aputure. I think it is better for a general purpuse/ bump around gun.

The TSR100 is better in my opinion for target shooting.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I got the 100 and now wish I would have bought the 200.  Both are great, but I like the dual aperture.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I went with the Ace in the Hole sights - and I like them very much! I have other 10/22's set up for long range accuracy, but my TDT is set up for light weight and speed.

10/22 TDT with thread protector instead of the bird cage...

10/22 and it's travelling companion, a MK-II with a shortened & threaded barrel - it fits in the carry bag's top pocket.  (Silencerco Sparrow attached)...

10/22 with suppressor...

Have a good weekend,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Are elevation adjustments accomplished only with the front sight post on the dual aperture?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are elevation adjustments accomplished only with the front sight post on the dual aperture?
View Quote

Yes.

The apertures are both also the 'small' size but you can easily swap them out with any standard AR rear sight aperture. I did that to mine and enjoy having the large aperture for low light and quicker shooting situations.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I have two sets of TSR 200 and one set of TSR 100. Both are superb. I'll only buy the 100 series from now on. I need to try the Nodak type someday soon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes.

The apertures are both also the 'small' size but you can easily swap them out with any standard AR rear sight aperture. I did that to mine and enjoy having the large aperture for low light and quicker shooting situations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

I really like to be able to switch from 50 to 100 yards at the flip of the rear sight. You have to know your dope at 70-90 yards pretty well even with the flip sight. I'm pretty sure I can kill a rabbit all the way to 100 yards with the tech sights.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#19]
What are the Nodak type?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I tried the old 22/77 stock sight trick to get over the scope rail.  And it didn't work for crap.  It's accurate but isn't adjustable enough to get the POA/I right.  It shoots high and there is no more movement to adjust the rear.

Any one of these other rear sight choices have more range of movement that stock 22/77 sights?  Might just have to rework the whole idea.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What are the Nodak type?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We make ours in the USA from billet 6061.  

Scroll down a bit on the page. You need the NDS-26 on the rear, and the front will vary depending on what barrel you have.

http://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm

ETA: we will be making a new version without the rail in about a month. It will look similar to the NDS-37.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the Nodak type?

We make ours in the USA from billet 6061.  

Scroll down a bit on the page. You need the NDS-26 on the rear, and the front will vary depending on what barrel you have.

http://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm

ETA: we will be making a new version without the rail in about a month. It will look similar to the NDS-37.

I really do want to buy a set of your sights for a 10/22.... I just don't have the money to buy another 10/22 right now!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#24]
thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Is there a tutorial somewhere? The aperture on the TSR 100 is pretty small.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

I use the tsr 200 in competition where I am shooting steel targets in the woods in dense first with lots of shadow. If I can't get enough light I just move in really choose to the rear sight. It helps a lot. I compete against guys shooting anschutz rifles with peep sights that cost more than my 1970 10/22. I do pretty well.

I think the peep is the same size as the regular small AR sight. They are just about 5 moa different in height.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

FPNI, Tech sights FTMFW!!!
View Quote

Yep. I went with them on my shorty.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top