Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2014 7:15:44 PM EDT
I finally decided to ditch the 20 year old scope on my 10/22 target model.  On a budget (thanks to my wife finding out I spent $5k on my AR) I picked up a Bushnell AR 1-4x24mm from Amazon for under $150 shipped.  Now I'll get to the good stuff.  I mounted the scope on a Dlask Arms rail with Warne 30mm Steel rings, nothing exciting to report here.

Initial sight in went well, there is a small amount of play in the turrets, the clicks are positive thought.  The turrets are calibrated for 0.1 mil clicks.  3 set screws are provided to re-zero the turret, just loosen them and turn the knob back to zero.  One nice feature is the housing under the turrets are marked with directions for up/down and left/right.  The windage knob is numbered only in one direction, which doesn't bother me as I usually just count clicks.

The glass is pretty good for the price, there is barrel distortion at the edges though (guess I'm just used to $1k plus AR optics.)  You can shoot "both eyes open" at 1x.  The diopter adjustment was firm and smooth, and focus stayed clear from 25 yards out.  One feature I don't like is the reticle.  The lines are too thick, the BDC dots completely covered my 2.5" steel target @ 100 yards.  The thick reticle should easy to find and should work well in low light, I'll report after it gets dark.

Reticle @ 1x

Reticle @ 4x
Zeroed @ 25 yards, ten shot group with one flier.  The 'ol 10/22 has over 5k rounds thru it and still groups even with the Wally-World bulk ammo I used for this.

I used my ballistic calculator to dope the scope for 110 yards and let loose on my steel target.  Both Elevation and windage adjustments worked well and were repeatable.

Overall I am happy with the scope, considering it's low price tag.  It's compact, relatively light weight, and has target turrets which I think is a must on rimfire target rifles.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice hope you enjoy it . They are worth the money for sure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top