Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2014 9:49:50 PM EDT
I have my stamp finally and wanted to know the proper length to cut the shroud. I will have a walther 1/2 x 28 adapter for my suppressor. I have laid it out and come up with Cutting 7 1/8 from the end. Seem about right?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you have your barrel threaded or did you buy a new barrel and where did you get it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you have your barrel threaded or did you buy a new barrel and where did you get it?
View Quote

I had to have it cut at 9" and rethreaded. Umarex is out of stock and has no idea when they will get any more.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a link with a full write up on SBR'ing the Umarex MP5. Hope it helps.

SBR MP5 .22
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

SBR MP5 .22
View Quote

Thanks for the link. I also want to SBR my HK MP5 22
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had to have it cut at 9" and rethreaded. Umarex is out of stock and has no idea when they will get any more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been calling Umarex for months for a 9" barrel with no luck. Where did you send your barrel to have it cut and re-threaded?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've been calling Umarex for months for a 9" barrel with no luck. Where did you send your barrel to have it cut and re-threaded?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a guy. lol, I have had others barrels cut or threaded from same guy in Northeast Ohio. On the steep end for a cut and thread job. But when you need it done, gotta get it done. If you cant find anybody local IM me I can give you his info. He has had it for 2 weeks now. Hopefully not to long more.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

SBR MP5 .22
View Quote

Thanks that was exactly what I needed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the barrel is cut at ~9" does that put the sleeve flush with the front sight or about a 1/2" in front of it? I want mine to look identical to the factory MP5 barrel. I plan for the adapter to be nearly flush with the front sight and then I plan to add a HK three lug adaptor.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If the barrel is cut at ~9" does that put the sleeve flush with the front sight or about a 1/2" in front of it? I want mine to look identical to the factory MP5 barrel. I plan for the adapter to be nearly flush with the front sight and then I plan to add a HK three lug adaptor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still waiting on my barrel, any day now. But I cut the shroud down 7.25" from the end and it is about 1" from sight.I can slip the fake lug on and there is about .25" of shroud. I have a walther adapter so I can put my suppressor on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm still waiting on my barrel, any day now. But I cut the shroud down 7.25" from the end and it is about 1" from sight.I can slip the fake lug on and there is about .25" of shroud. I have a walther adapter so I can put my suppressor on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it isn't too much trouble please post pictures when you get everything back.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#11]
You betcha. This waiting sucks!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Where is everyone engraving? Just received my stamp. Called umarex a few days ago. The pistol barrels are on the way. Said 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Where is everyone engraving? Just received my stamp. Called umarex a few days ago. The pistol barrels are on the way. Said 2 weeks.
View Quote

I just dropped off mine at TSC Machine locally. He does a lot of H&K work and was very excited to SBR mine. He is engraving, cutting and enlarging the end of the barrel shroud and cutting, crowning and threading the barrel. He also gave me a good price. The thread adaptor will be flush with the front sight base and have the correct H&K look. I will shoot a few pics and pass on his info when it is done if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I was wanting to know where on the gun itself. I'm assuming on one of the plastic half's
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Left side just up and forward of the rear takedown pin hole on the metal receiver.

ETA: I think the receiver halves are metal, right?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes I think they are metal. Just tore mine appart.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#17]
So how is everyone getting the shroud out from the front sight tower? I was able to tear it down and put back together. Short of getting the shroud out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So how is everyone getting the shroud out from the front sight tower? I was able to tear it down and put back together. Short of getting the shroud out.
View Quote

You have to remove the charging handle and use an extra long 2.5mm alan wrench to unscrew the cocking handle guide tube from the front sight post. Once you remove that the shroud will slide right out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Right on thanks.

Quoted:

You have to remove the charging handle and use an extra long 2.5mm alan wrench to unscrew the cocking handle guide tube from the front sight post. Once you remove that the shroud will slide right out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine is done. All the work was done by TSC Machine in Ruther Glen, VA including engraving.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#21]
It that a threaded adapter like all the threads I've seen on the internet? PM me contact info and how much he charges.

Thanks, Tom
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It that a threaded adapter like all the threads I've seen on the internet? PM me contact info and how much he charges.

Thanks, Tom
View Quote

I used a 1/2 x 28 thread adapter and a 1/2 x 28 three lug adapter from hkparts.com. I will shoot you the requested info in the morning. Here is how it looks with the adapter removed:

-Rob

ETA: the barrel is 8.1"
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#23]

That looks awesome. I'm waiting on two Stamps right now, but I might go ahead and have my MP5 converted. What was the cost if you don't mind my asking?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That looks awesome. I'm waiting on two Stamps right now, but I might go ahead and have my MP5 converted. What was the cost if you don't mind my asking?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He is charging $325 I think and includes engraving.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got off of the phone with Umarex. The HK416 Pistol Barrels are IN STOCK  

HK416 .22LR pistol barrel --- part #576.52.02   ----   479-646-4210
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top