Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2014 3:22:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Have not heard of any problems with blazer.

If you can find any I would suggest CCI STD
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
don't have a HD Military, but do have a  HS Citation and SW M41.... both shoot Winchester Super X and CCI Green Tag pretty well...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a buddy who had a High Standard .22 when we were in college.  As you stated the tolerances are tight.  Every shooting session he would have to tear it down, use some solvent/brush/patches to clean up the back end on it so he could keep shooting.  He'd get just under 2 boxes through it before he started having problems.

If I had your gun and wanted to keep it/shoot it, I'd take it to a gunsmith and see if he could rechamber it.  A new chambering reamer might open it up enough to make it reliable.

Oh, my buddy shot Eley match ammo in his High Standard and still had the reliability issues when it got a little dirty.  It shot nice groups, for just over a box of ammo.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:38:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like weak springs to me. Replace them. If memory serves Wolf sells a spring pack for it.

Try different standard velocity brands. The older HSs were not designed to use HV ammo. No use beating it to death.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top