Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot the Federal Ultra Match today not expecting much. After it got seasoned or whatever these things do, it started doing awesome. I would've made the MOA if it weren't for me flinching. I knew when I shot it but I figured it was just gonna pull left about an inch. Doh!

Did awesome seeing how windy it was today. Even with my brush cover I was feeling 5 mph gusts. Was also having a hard time focusing on the target. Had some crazy mirages because it was so damn hot and the grass was still damp from the morning dew.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice... Glad I could help... bet your feeling better now a after all this trial and error...
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice... Glad I could help... bet your feeling better now a after all this trial and error...
View Quote

Yes. I never thought this thing could do this good and I'm not really the type to spend a bunch of money on .22 ammo just to see if it is any better than bulk. You've got me wanting to buy every match ammo out there and test it. Thanks slugO.

I also shot some CCI blazers and they did pretty decent. Not match good but not bulk bad. Was getting about 1.5" to 2.5" groups.

Have yet to try the Lapua. I'm hoping that's my ride into the MOA all day list. Saving it for a stress free, calm 65 degree day.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think that was a flinch. I think it was a "fly" shot.

Good to see it come together. I think with my old Remington 514 and either an old lot of Winchester SuperX Target or CCI Mini Mags, MOA groups were had. I need to build a bigger stock for it and hit up a 200 yard match in OKC.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:11:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think that was a flinch. I think it was a "fly" shot.

Good to see it come together. I think with my old Remington 514 and either an old lot of Winchester SuperX Target or CCI Mini Mags, MOA groups were had. I need to build a bigger stock for it and hit up a 200 yard match in OKC.
View Quote

Hell yeah do it. I have had more fun doing this than shooting any gun ever and i shot my first full auto uzi last weekend.

Im gonna get some better glass since it is like my new obsession now. Probably a PA mil/mil ffp 4x14. Should do the trick for my budget shooter.

Has a damn Harbor Freight scope on it now lol.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top