Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2014 12:22:55 PM EDT
From what I have determined these are the options in my prices range for a semi- auto 22WMR.  Any owners out there with positive or negative  opinions of these rifles?

I can't find anything about the length of Magnum Research's warranty on their site, anyone know what it is?  Also does the Magnum Lite use the same stock as a 10/22 or is it proprietary?

I haven't read anything negative about the CZ other that the safety has to be off when a round is chambered.

Only bad thing I have read about the Remington is the mags are hit or miss.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The Magnum Research will fit in 10-22 Mag stocks, but most will require inletting for the Gas Block area.

What about the Axcel Arms models?

Harder to find, but the BRNO model 611 was highly thought of.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Magnum Research will fit in 10-22 Mag stocks, but most will require inletting for the Gas Block area.

What about the Axcel Arms models?

Harder to find, but the BRNO model 611 was highly thought of.
View Quote

The Excel looks interesting.  Do you know what that bent metal rod is that comes with each magazine?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
The bent metal rod is a magazine loader tool. It goes in a hole in the side of the mag follower and you use it as leverage to push the follower down as you drop rounds into the mag body.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:58:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Get a CZ 512 and don't look back.  I got one earlier this year that the store had on sale as a demo for $379.  When I took it apart to clean it, it looked like it had never been fired since leaving the factory..  Awesome little critter.  Very accurate.  On Rimfire Central, some owners are getting groups that match their CZ bolt rifles.  Some of them complain about the trigger, but it is a semi auto and you don't put 8 ounce triggers on semi auto rifles.  I have two 10 round and two 5 round mags for it.  It is a single stack mag and hi capacity mags would not work good on it.   Cheek weld is a bit different for open sights but would work great with a scope.  

I do have a Remington 597 in 22lr that has been a pretty good shooter.  I got it some 10 years ago.  I like the 597.  Generally more accurate that a 10/22 out of the box and the stock fits adults better.  I believe that the 22mwr mag holds 8 rounds.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Get a CZ 512 and don't look back.  I got one earlier this year that the store had on sale as a demo for $379.  When I took it apart to clean it, it looked like it had never been fired since leaving the factory..  Awesome little critter.  Very accurate.  On Rimfire Central, some owners are getting groups that match their CZ bolt rifles.  Some of them complain about the trigger, but it is a semi auto and you don't put 8 ounce triggers on semi auto rifles.  I have two 10 round and two 5 round mags for it.  It is a single stack mag and hi capacity mags would not work good on it.   Cheek weld is a bit different for open sights but would work great with a scope.  

I do have a Remington 597 in 22lr that has been a pretty good shooter.  I got it some 10 years ago.  I like the 597.  Generally more accurate that a 10/22 out of the box and the stock fits adults better.  I believe that the 22mwr mag holds 8 rounds.
View Quote

Have you shot any 30gr ammo in it like the Hornady V-Max?  That's another thing against the Magnum Research, they say shooting 30gr ammo will void your warranty.

I would like to put a thumbhole stock on what ever I get and can't seem to find any for the CZ.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Have you shot any 30gr ammo in it like the Hornady V-Max?  That's another thing against the Magnum Research, they say shooting 30gr ammo will void your warranty.

I would like to put a thumbhole stock on what ever I get and can't seem to find any for the CZ.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have never even seen the Hornady V-Max.  Haven't seen much of anything ammo wise around here in 22wmr.  The CZ 512 has a rather unique stock design in the way it attaches to the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Decided on the CZ 512.  I'll forgo the thumbhole stock.

Was really interested in the Excel until I read a review that said the manufacturer recommended not disassembling for cleaning.  The reviewer disassembled it and it sounded like a PIA with no way to assure the top rail would be back in a position so your optics would retain zero.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Decided on the CZ 512.  I'll forgo the thumbhole stock.

Was really interested in the Excel until I read a review that said the manufacturer recommended not disassembling for cleaning.  The reviewer disassembled it and it sounded like a PIA with no way to assure the top rail would be back in a position so your optics would retain zero.
View Quote

Smart move.  Love mine.  My first CZ was a 452 Trainer.  Excellent shooter.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#9]
any of these come with a factory threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
any of these come with a factory threaded barrel?
View Quote

Not that I am aware of.  CZ and Remington have front sights welded on and the Excel has a bull barrel.  Don't know if that cap on the end of the Magnum Research graphite barrel can be removed or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top