Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 5:51:19 AM EDT
Looking for a true free floated stock for my HBAR 10/22 that is $100 or less. It came with a hogue rubber over molded stock that I am not happy with. I considered just getting the nylon overmold but they are a little flimsy at the barrel end also.

So does anyone have any recommendations? I don't want something really heavy as I may still hunt with this rifle.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Look into Boyds stocks
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#2]
FWIW...re: full float..... I went the other way on my STC 10/22 ... full length bedded the barrel, added an additional hold down screw... after the first year at the Chevy Sportsman's Team Challenge, which I shot with a barrel floated forward of the mounting screw..... I talked to Mr. Ken Tapp, and he recommended against trying to make a full length free float as the barrel was not that securely held to the receiver...over the next several years, his recommendation were correct.. with the scope mount cantilevered off the barrel, and a tuner to adjust for differences in ammunition lot it proved to be very consistent

pic of forward mounting screw and tuner

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top