Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 12:06:09 PM EDT
I picked up a new Grade I Browning BL-22 rifle from Cabela's a couple days ago.

I love the way it feels and it's short throw. Can't wait to shoot it. I am undecided whether or not I want to add an optic or not.

One thing I didn't notice was there wasn't any studs for a sling. What would be the best way to attach one?

Also the trigger pull is unexpectedly heavy. Anything I can do about this?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The trigger pull will get somewhat better with time.
Look at rimfire cenrtal in the Browming section for more info om the Bl22
Also check and ask here in the lever action section.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I dearly love my BL22, it's a great shooting & handling little rifle, and it's accuracy is stellar. My only beef with it is that it's too pretty. I always have to handle it like it's made of fine china. The finish and stock quality on mine is gorgeous, and I'm always afraid to scratch it or nick the finish. After cleaning, it looks great until it gets covered in fingerprints and needs to be polished up again to get the pretty back. I think I need to get a pair of white gloves just to pick it up. That doesn't mean that it gets any less use than my Marlin 39A or Henry.

I mounted a Mueller APV scope in a cantivered SWFA 11mm mount on mine and it really makes a great combo, for me. My old eyes can't focus on the iron sights worth a damn, any more.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:08:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Uncle Mikes used to have many different kits for specific guns to attach a sling.  Normally some kind of barrel clamp front and a drill and screw type for the butt stock.  

Some lever gun barrel bands are threaded to take a QC head.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dearly love my BL22, it's a great shooting & handling little rifle, and it's accuracy is stellar. My only beef with it is that it's too pretty. I always have to handle it like it's made of fine china. The finish and stock quality on mine is gorgeous, and I'm always afraid to scratch it or nick the finish. After cleaning, it looks great until it gets covered in fingerprints and needs to be polished up again to get the pretty back. I think I need to get a pair of white gloves just to pick it up. That doesn't mean that it gets any less use than my Marlin 39A or Henry.

I mounted a Mueller APV scope in a cantivered SWFA 11mm mount on mine and it really makes a great combo, for me. My old eyes can't focus on the iron sights worth a damn, any more.
View Quote

Same here with my ATD. I wish they made a field grade that was a little more knock about.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I was fortunate to buy a used one (at a good price) and therefore it already had a few scars.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Uncle Mikes makes sling studs for tube magazine rimfires.  You do have to drill your buttstock and screw in the lower stud.  Put tape over where you drill to prevent harming or splitting the finish when drilling.

Your receiver tip off groove is long enough for a scope.  Use medium height tip off rings and consider a rimfire 2-7x scope.

While not a BL-22, this photo of my mid 60's Remington 552 shows a receiver with tip off groove with mounted scope, and a mag tube sling.  That particular scope is larger than I usually put on my .22's, but it is a nice period correct Redfield 3-9 with a fine wire Lee Dot reticle that works well with the rifle.  The sling is a 1" Brownells black leather Latigo.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top