Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2014 11:54:03 AM EDT
I couldn't understand why Marlin didn't make any of their short 39's anymore but looks like Chiappa's is making a non-takedown 18.5" copy.  I have 2 Marlin 39D's now and have owned and LOVED all the 39 models, from the TDS, 39M, 39A through an old 1892 octegon model...  If these are priced right and good quality, I'm buying one.  Anyone know anything about Chiappa's quality?  I've never bought one of their guns.

edit: Just noticed they do have the take down screw....
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't seen that one. Most of Chiappa's stuff is functional but looks and feels cheaply made. I'd just go find a used 39 if I wanted one. They made zillions of them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly I've owned maybe 12 Marlin 39's in most of their configs...  I still own 2 model 39D's which is my favorite because it's short and has the pistol grip (with the barrel band it's like a red ryder).  I just thought if these guys made a decent product I could buy one as a beater/camping gun and keep my real ones from getting scratched. I like the Henry and their owner is a stand up guy, but never liked the pot metal design...
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The color case hardening is a nice touch for the wood/blued model, at least what I see on their website.

Given finding a 39 up here, let alone a good one, is hard, I hope the Chiappas are good and get imported.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't buy one to replace my 39's but one to throw into a backpack or keep in the truck is perfect for my needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top