Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2013 4:52:53 AM EDT
My local Wal-Mart got a bunch of 50 round boxes of .22 short ammo last week, so I bought some for my son's single shot Remington. Well this morning I noticed they had 500 round bricks of the same ammo, but it wouldn't ring up at the register and there is no sku on the shelf for it, nor is it on the website. The guy that waited on me said he couldn't find a price at "headquarters" either so I walked away without the ammo. I don't know why he just couldn't take the price of an individual box and multiply it by ten.

Has anyone bought 500 round bricks of Remington .22 short ammo at Wal-Mart? I couldn't find it on their website either. Maybe they've been taking the boxes out of the brick and have been selling them individually.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I found the same ammo in Macon ga last Sunday, saw a small case in sporting goods and it was 4 bricks, so I take it to the front register and it won't scan, she said it was not in their system yet. She then went to sporting goods to  check and the sg manager comes back up with 3 individual boxes and said they don't sell them by the brick only as singles , when she scanned them that way they rang up. After seeing the price I'm glad I only got 3, I didn't know shorts had gotten so expensive , over $3.00 per box.
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
these along with federal lightning are only in the system as 50rd boxes ,they should have just entered the 50rd upc and multiplied it
Link Posted: 5/9/2013 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a manager at Walmart. We have a check in procedure for all ammo. It sounds like an associate didn't follow the proper check in procedure which prevented the sale at the register. you could have asked the assistant manager or shift manager to check in the ammo real quick so that you could buy it. Dont let them fool you with the "one box at a time"....It is three boxes of ammo period, and it CAN be the same SKU. Anything else is a lie from the manager.

A simple "letter to the president" would fix all problems with any member of management. just call 1-800-Walmart or www.walmart.com. I suggest you write a letter expressing you situation. You should be taken care of. Hope this helps and good luck on your hunt for ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top