Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Back on topic, What do you guys think of the AGP stock overall? I like the folder concept, but only want it if it will increase accuracy or at a minimum, not decrease it. I am wanting a fully customized TD. Including heavy custom barrel.  Just wondering if the AGP meets this standard?

This. Anyone else using the AGP stock? I bought one about a month ago but don't have a 10/22 to mount it on,yet.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody know where I can get a takedown for a decent price?  They seem to be around $450+ on gunbroker.  Also, aren't they supposed to come with the 25rd mag?

Mine didn't come with one. Just came with the standard ten rounder. It did come with an ad stating that the case will hold up to 6 of the BX25s though.

This.  Mine also did NOT come with the 25rd mag.  Instead, I received the standard 10rd rotary mag with mine.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 1:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anybody know where I can get a takedown for a decent price?  They seem to be around $450+ on gunbroker.  Also, aren't they supposed to come with the 25rd mag?

Definitely they do not come with BX-25.  They only come with 10 rounders.  Only takedown I think will come with BX-25 are rebuilds from Davidson's which will sport a threaded barrel.. at a cost of course.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought my Ruger 10/22 Takedown at Sportsmans Warehouse for $309.99. I put a Bushnell TRS red dot on it and took it to the range. I put 550 rds thru it and only had one fail to fire. I am sure once my grandson sees it he will want it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine didn't come with one. Just came with the standard ten rounder. It did come with an ad stating that the case will hold up to 6 of the BX25s though.

Yeah my takedown came with a 10, but the zombie stopper came with the bx25.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine came with a standard 10rd. On a side note,, mine only came with 1 shoulder strap, anyone get 2 straps?
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up my second Team USA today, no BX-25's and oly one strap each.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine came with a standard 10rd. On a side note,, mine only came with 1 shoulder strap, anyone get 2 straps?

Only one strap with mine too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I sold my AGP folding stock,yesterday. Gonna go another direction. Am buying a new 10/22 Wednesday that has a bright green laminated stock. Pardon my ignorance but will I have to change the stock just to add a .920 bull barrel?
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I sold my AGP folding stock,yesterday. Gonna go another direction. Am buying a new 10/22 Wednesday that has a bright green laminated stock. Pardon my ignorance but will I have to change the stock just to add a .920 bull barrel?

Will the rifle have a bull barrel when you get it? If so, yes, than your stock is cleared for a .920.  If no, than you need to sell and or have your  green stock clearanced for a .920 barrel.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I've read through this thread a few times and my head is spinning.........

I have a stock 10/22 Takedown, and a YHM Mite that should be here by the end of January.  Need the barrel threaded for starters.

I would like to retain iron sights, but be able to put a scope or red dot on it.  Am I reading it correctly that the 77/22 sights sit higher so they will be above the weaver rail and/or suppressor?  Or should I get the Nodak Spud rear sight that has the rail?  Will that see over the can?

ADCO?  LRP?  Que?  Hanging Tree?   What is the best combo for me and who should I have do it?

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've read through this thread a few times and my head is spinning.........

I have a stock 10/22 Takedown, and a YHM Mite that should be here by the end of January.  Need the barrel threaded for starters.

I would like to retain iron sights, but be able to put a scope or red dot on it.  Am I reading it correctly that the 77/22 sights sit higher so they will be above the weaver rail and/or suppressor?  Or should I get the Nodak Spud rear sight that has the rail?  Will that see over the can?

ADCO?  LRP?  Que?  Hanging Tree?   What is the best combo for me and who should I have do it?

Thanks for the info.

The 77/22 sight barely reach over the stock rail and its not a fast aquisition by any means.  I just like having it in a pinch and after sighting them in I never use them.  If your gonna be switching often I would recommend something like the tech sights or nodak.  Either way see over the can easily.  Skip adco imo they do good work but are over priced and arrogant imo and ive seen more than one case where a customer wanted threads to a certain spec and they say no problem but after getting the barrel back they threaded it to their standard spec and refused to man up and fix it and respond that it works for 90% of cans and offer a half ass solution to adapt.  Never heard of LRP but im happy with hanging tree work on mine and have read nothing but good things about que.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The 77/22 sight barely reach over the stock rail and its not a fast aquisition by any means.  I just like having it in a pinch and after sighting them in I never use them.  If your gonna be switching often I would recommend something like the tech sights or nodak.  Either way see over the can easily.  Skip adco imo they do good work but are over priced and arrogant imo and ive seen more than one case where a customer wanted threads to a certain spec and they say no problem but after getting the barrel back they threaded it to their standard spec and refused to man up and fix it and respond that it works for 90% of cans and offer a half ass solution to adapt.  Never heard of LRP but im happy with hanging tree work on mine and have read nothing but good things about que.

Good info, thanks!!

So, I guess the next question is can you interchange the Tech Sights front sight with the Nodak rear sight?  Reason is, the Nodak front sight is not a dovetail, it slips on.  Edit: Wait, I see how it works now.  Brownells has a video.

I suppose I could buy one and send it along with the barrel to be installed after it's threaded though, right?

I just wanted to be able to pull this thing out of the bag, snap the barrel on, and shoot.  If I have time, then I can put the scope on.
Link Posted: 1/1/2013 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good info, thanks!!

So, I guess the next question is can you interchange the Tech Sights front sight with the Nodak rear sight?  Reason is, the Nodak front sight is not a dovetail, it slips on.

I suppose I could buy one and send it along with the barrel to be installed after it's threaded though, right?

I just wanted to be able to pull this thing out of the bag, snap the barrel on, and shoot.  If I have time, then I can put the scope on.

I havent tried it personally but from what ive read the nodak rear will work fine with the tech front.  I dont see why the gunsmith couldnt fit either with some simple machine work for a price or install either if you provide the site.  I would probably just use the dovetail withthe tech site personally.

Link Posted: 1/3/2013 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#15]
dont rifles have to be like 26" overall length folded or something? are you still legal using the folder plus a 16" barrel?
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
dont rifles have to be like 26" overall length folded or something? are you still legal using the folder plus a 16" barrel?

You should be ok as long as you don't take too much off the barrel when threading.  It's 18.5" right now, so if you took it down to 16", you would probably be right at or under 26" OAL with the folder.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#18]
BTW,

Does anyone have an email address or contact number for Hanging Tree Armory??  Their website only has the mailing address.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/4/2013 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Wow..NICE RUGER! ...pretty.
I love my Hogue. I had my 10/22 bbl threaded for an SWR. The tip with front site was also threaded to fit back on for irons. I'd like to see the Hogue with a couple of storage cavities from the rear to accomodate ammo, suppressor, etc...sure that's doable.  That gap in the factory stock has got to go. This guy should be on Ruger's design team. My first handgun was a Ruger, I've always been a fan of many of their products, but they can get some stuff pretty damn ugly. Just look at the tatical Mini. Not every gun needs an old AR stock, and I love ARs..... Eeeech! Hell, they should have brought the original folder  and GB model back long ago.  Ruger's plastic stuff looks like crapola tapcoramline yuck. They should get rid of the cheesy checkering and go with a pebblegrain or something. This calgun is superb. Next on my list is a trigger job, either Clark, or Volq. Ruger gets a lot right, solid, profitable middle of the road stuff. But some things they do just keep them asthetically blah, where they could be spectacular out of the box. They were also too politically correct for way too long.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Just got my Takedown last week and now I see they make a Threaded version.
Takedown Threaded
I wonder if there is any chance they will sell me the threaded barrel? Worth a try at least.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Takedown Threaded
I wonder if there is any chance they will sell me the threaded barrel? Worth a try at least.

But what is the thread, I see some think it may not be suppressor ready.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#23]
sgtimj - What scope is that? Nice size for a .22.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
sgtimj - What scope is that? Nice size for a .22.

Cheapo Barska 2x.  It's still working and holding zero, so no complaints.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I just sent my TD barrel off to Hanging Tree Armory today!!!! They should have it at their door on Thursday. Tim told me it was a 1 week turn time to my door from their receipt of the barrel. I hope all is good with that still. I spoke with him this morning.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I just sent my TD barrel off to Hanging Tree Armory today!!!! They should have it at their door on Thursday. Tim told me it was a 1 week turn time to my door from their receipt of the barrel. I hope all is good with that still. I spoke with him this morning.

What's the number?  I need to get mine done.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Takedown Threaded

But what is the thread, I see some think it may not be suppressor ready.

Any idea of ths threads they used?
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Here you go. 1-937-545-1366

I also need some help from you guys that are using iron sights and the suppressor. I am needing a set of sights that will allow me to see over the suppressor and over the rail on the receiver? I am going to have a PA Micro Dot on it and sometimes I will still use the irons. It won't be all the time just accosanally. Thanks for the help in advance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Here you go. 1-937-545-1366

I also need some help from you guys that are using iron sights and the suppressor. I am needing a set of sights that will allow me to see over the suppressor and over the rail on the receiver? I am going to have a PA Micro Dot on it and sometimes I will still use the irons. It won't be all the time just accosanally. Thanks for the help in advance.

Same here......was looking at the Nodak Spud rear rail, just need to decide on the front.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#30]

From the 2013 Ruger Catalog, now you can get it factory threaded.  Here is the rest of the catalog.  2013 Catalog
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CCs_jyUmA-E/UObShL8zWAI/AAAAAAAACbc/dQW1glA-9Yw/s400/td+thread.jpg

From the 2013 Ruger Catalog, now you can get it factory threaded.  Here is the rest of the catalog.  2013 Catalog

But those threads are for a flash hider, not a can.  Threads for a flash hider are longer (go further back on the barrel), so the threads will end up screwing deeper into the can, maybe bottoming out in the can before the can gets to the shoulder on the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 2:47:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CCs_jyUmA-E/UObShL8zWAI/AAAAAAAACbc/dQW1glA-9Yw/s400/td+thread.jpg

But those threads are for a flash hider, not a can.  Threads for a flash hider are longer (go further back on the barrel), so the threads will end up screwing deeper into the can, maybe bottoming out in the can before the can gets to the shoulder on the barrel.

It would be easy to make a ring that shortens the threaded section. I will withhold judgment until I see one. I am thinking this would be the way to go.

How long is the threads for a can verses the threads on these?
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be easy to make a ring that shortens the threaded section. I will withhold judgment until I see one. I am thinking this would be the way to go.

Silencerco makes a spacer to bring 0.650" threads to the proper 0.400" for rimfire cans.  Pretty easy fix.  I'd wager that Ruger made the threads on this 0.400" though.  They have some experience threading for cans.

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#34]
The factory threads on my MKIII pistol are 0.400 and it comes with the same flash hider.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Maybe one of us lazy jokers, myself included, should actually read the manufacturer's information instead of asking other people that haven't read either...
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe one of us lazy jokers, myself included, should actually read the manufacturer's information instead of asking other people that haven't read either... http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd132/mb0168/Gun%20Forums/rugerthreaded_zpsd03eb4d1.png

The thread pitch may be right, but it will likely be too long.  Has anyone had the opportunity to measure one?
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Ah, so it may be threaded too far down. Hmmm.

I think they're like unicorns tho, or Red Jacket bullpup stocks, neither exist in the wild
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Silencerco makes a spacer to bring 0.650" threads to the proper 0.400" for rimfire cans.  Pretty easy fix.  I'd wager that Ruger made the threads on this 0.400" though.  They have some experience threading for cans.

First all ruger threaded 10/22s that werent dealer exclusives so far have been threaded .700 long.  The silencerco spacer and every other that im aware of only brings it to .500 which is still too long and will shred silencerco/swr o ring and cause fouling on the threads on all other cans making them hard to unscrew and having them just about impossible to screw back on another hosts without cleaning after a couple hundred rounds. So id wager to say ruger screwed it up again.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 5:12:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First all ruger threaded 10/22s that werent dealer exclusives so far have been threaded .700 long.  The silencerco spacer and every other that im aware of only brings it to .500 which is still too long and will shred silencerco/swr o ring and cause fouling on the threads on all other cans making them hard to unscrew and having them just about impossible to screw back on another hosts without cleaning after a couple hundred rounds. So id wager to say ruger screwed it up again.

I'll stop by the Ruger booth on Thursday and see what I can find out.

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Sweet
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#41]
The barrel of the threaded take down is listed as 16.25" so it wouldn't be a big deal to just have the end of the barrel turned down till the threads are the proper length if that's an issue.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Do you guys know how much modding will be needed to get the regular AGP folder to work with a factory 10/22 Take down?   They have blemished ones for 60 bucks..   the stock for the TD is like $99. so thats worth a bit of filing, but dont want to cheese it up?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do you guys know how much modding will be needed to get the regular AGP folder to work with a factory 10/22 Take down?   They have blemished ones for 60 bucks..   the stock for the TD is like $99. so thats worth a bit of filing, but dont want to cheese it up?

I dont think there are any mods needed.  They just dont fit as perfect or streamlined.  I could be wrong.

On a side note, this buying frenzy sucks.  I want to get a 10/22 TD, but im not paying more than its worth.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 5:02:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mines a blem.  Took 2 min with a file to make it fit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#45]
So what did you find out?
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So what did you find out?

Too busy working to even look at the Ruger booth.  Heck, there were some awesome booths adjacent to ours that I didn't even see until we started tearing ours down.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#47]
you can get a custom ring made to match .22lr silencers. You need 0.400 instead of the usual 0.650
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#48]
I would love to find on of these in a retail store.

I can't get my hands on the stainless barreled TD so I imagine the threaded barrel version is about as easy to find as a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Hopefully Ruger will get caught up in the next year or so.
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Has anyone come up with a mod or adapter to allow the mounting of a bipod?  My TD 10/22 doesn't have a front sling swivel.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top