BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2011 10:48:59 AM EDT
Wooooh!  No more 7-round constant reloading, banana mag for us too:

Marlin 25-rd High Capacity Magazine for Model 795/70
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Fits Marlin 795 and similar style rifles

How does one find out what exactly are "similiar style rifles"? Will it fit my Marlin 880SQ?
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
No, bolt actions use different mags.

Only works for semi-auto, box fed, 22LR, using the Marlin 99/60 receiver design.

Unfortunately that includes a random spread of Marlin model #'s, and just about every semi auto 22 Marlin box mag since the 60s.

70 700 7000 795 995 99 989 ....
Link Posted: 2/10/2011 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you purchase one? I go to the website and it just gives you an MSRP.
Thank you for finding this. I have been dying to get more rounds than a 7 round magazine.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Not much of a blaster per se, but more options is a good thing. I don't mind the 10 round magazines as I like to shoot mostly prone unsupported.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Any luck yet in finding an actual retailer who sells them?  Is it that this item is still to new to find anywhere for sale. Misleading marketing by shooters ridge.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#6]
loks just like an old Ram Line mag i have from an old Marlin i rebuilt years ago. the mag was actually worse that their 10/22 mags. yhose would work until they jammed up, the Marlin version always had feeding problems. i retired it after only a few trips to the range. the rifle was one with a M1 carbine "look" including a wooden upper handguard and rear sight that mounted to the dovetail on the reciever.

i don't know if the current manufacturer just bight the old molds, or if this is actually a new design, but untill i saw some revies from people actually using the thing i wouldn't waste my money on it, i'd just get a handful of 10rd 795 factory mags.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#7]
It's about time somebody wised up and made a high cap mag for the 795.  Now they just need a mag speed loader.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I wrote to the company and asked when they were going to be released. The answer I got back was they were going to start shipping the Marlin mags in May of this year. All I can say is that May is not close enough for me. It is about time that someone took notice and decided to fill in the void for the most accurate 22 semi on the market!

Take that 10/22 fans! lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top