Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 48
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Which vortex do you like/recommend that have 30 mm tubes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well just got my fv-sr from my FFL today, now to find a scope to put on it and see how it shoots in the original stock.

I do have some warne medium height 30mm scope rings laying around..Any good recommendations for a good budget oriented scope using a 30mm tube?

Vortex or VX3

Which vortex do you like/recommend that have 30 mm tubes.

Go over to the vortex optics website and pick.  I have the PST 1-4 24 which is a fantastic optic. I use that on my 223 for close shots and it's sub Moa on my rifle at 50 yards. For accurate shots over 50. Go with something more.  I also have a 4-16 and a 6-24.   The PST line is more expensive, so look at the other models.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
..lol as much as id like to throw a nice $500 scope on it, im just looking for something decent..

The mueller 4x14 apt is looking tempting.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
..lol as much as id like to throw a nice $500 scope on it, im just looking for something decent..

View Quote

No complaints with both of mine.

You'd be better off with low rings on a FV-SR btw.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/crossfire_II_riflescopes

Crossfire II would be the cheapest
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:41:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Um, no. The Boyds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered a Boyd's rimfire hunter stock for this project.  Just FYI, hole spacing is 2.5 inches for the front two swivels in case you need to put a rail on.   Seekins had what I needed.

the bell and carson one ? make sure to post pics when done. I'm interested to do the same.

Um, no. The Boyds

I meant the seekins rail model. the one for the bell and carson is 2.5 inches.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 7:02:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to hear you like the APT scopes.

Also how much of a difference are we talking about from low to medium height rings , like a 1/4" inch, if thats it ill probably live with it, as i have a extra set of warne 30mm medium height rings sitting around, and them being 30mm's and reading this thread has got me really thinking about the mueller apt.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered a Boyd's rimfire hunter stock for this project.  Just FYI, hole spacing is 2.5 inches for the front two swivels in case you need to put a rail on.   Seekins had what I needed.

the bell and carson one ? make sure to post pics when done. I'm interested to do the same.

Um, no. The Boyds

I gotcha.   I purchased the Seekins rail 2.5 inches.    The two holes boyds drilled did not fit the seekins.  It was off by .3 inches.  I over drilled the hole some and had to drill out a place for the nut on the inside because the seekins screw was not long enough.  I put some blue loc tite on the nut to prevent any movement
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Check out Primary Arms. I've had their 4-16 and their 3-14 FFP. I have also put both of them on a 308 AR and they hold zero just fine. The FFP tracks true too I did a 100 yard box test on it and the turrets and Mil Dots matched perfectly. Great scopes for under 250.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Still haven't purchased the scope, rings, bipod, or extra mags yet.
But I did buy a silencer...........
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I have to say that I have both the APV 4.5-14 and the crossfire 4-12 and between the two the crossfire is head and shoulders above the mueller. The eyebox on the mueller didn't have as much room as the vortex. The mueller will be on its way back to midway this week.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have to say that I have both the APV 4.5-14 and the crossfire 4-12 and between the two the crossfire is head and shoulders above the mueller. The eyebox on the mueller didn't have as much room as the vortex. The mueller will be on its way back to midway this week.
View Quote

Humm...got me thinking as i have been looking at the mueller apt which is similiar , but has different turrets, and a mildot reticle and a 30mm tube..
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I stopped in Dicks the other day (Yes, I know, fuck them) but they had none in the store but apparently around 100 available for order.  So I should have mine in a weak.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Check out Primary Arms. I've had their 4-16 and their 3-14 FFP. I have also put both of them on a 308 AR and they hold zero just fine. The FFP tracks true too I did a 100 yard box test on it and the turrets and Mil Dots matched perfectly. Great scopes for under 250.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, great scopes for the money running the 4-16 on my rifle atm.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Backordered my boyd's stock today...

They really need to hire someone to work on that website.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL..I'm with you on the website

Just ordered my Boyds rimfire hunter in forest camo for my 2nd Fv-SR. First one is sporting the tacticool.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have an idea how much I can expect to pay to have my Boyd's stock cut down 1" or 1-1/2"? I'd like it cut to within 1/4" of the rear sling swivel, but I haven't measured exactly how far that is. The LOP is uncomfortably long for both my wife and I and it will certainly be way too long for my daughter.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#18]
It took four nights but I did it, I read the whole thing.........

Also picked up a fvsr, it will host my first can.

Thanks ARF
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#19]
" />

Here's mine...shoots MOA with decent ammo
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Does anyone have a pic of an FV SR in a Boyds Rimfire Hunter Stock?
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I copied a few things.  Boyds pepper rimfire hunter.  Beautiful stock and it dropped right in

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I copied a few things.  Boyds pepper rimfire hunter.  Beautiful stock and it dropped right in

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/freedell/6c7b2f31e6b3c787ae6be8a503f19d9d_zps349d63de.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/freedell/3c23dd2a6a7cc04e1c5bd5576074d183_zps31f63c6f.jpg

Wow that looks awesome.  I might get rid of my Tacticool and pick on of those up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/freedell/6c7b2f31e6b3c787ae6be8a503f19d9d_zps349d63de.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/freedell/3c23dd2a6a7cc04e1c5bd5576074d183_zps31f63c6f.jpg

Thank You!
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#24]
i have a rimfire hunter on order.forest camo color. that will look nice. I think the rimfire hunter looks classy on the fv-sr
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Who's got the best deal on mags?
Need to pick up a few more.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Who's got the best deal on mags?Need to pick up a few more.
View Quote

Paid 17 bucks shipped free off of ebay for 10 rounders
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I have my whole build coming in this next week!    Base gun, stock, scope, rings... even a few mags.  However...  My D.I.P. trigger guard/bottom metal kit is on the infamous "back order".  Those of you who ordered through Diversified, were your parts in stock or backordered?  If backordered, how long was the wait?

BTW...  delirious1...  Saw your pics.  Loved the gun so much I'm building one for myself.  Thanks!!  
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

joebob has good prices.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have my whole build coming in this next week!    Base gun, stock, scope, rings... even a few mags.  However...  My D.I.P. trigger guard/bottom metal kit is on the infamous "back order".  Those of you who ordered through Diversified, were your parts in stock or backordered?  If backordered, how long was the wait?

BTW...  delirious1...  Saw your pics.  Loved the gun so much I'm building one for myself.  Thanks!!  
View Quote

I'll admit. I copied another fine members post and look.   I love the pepper stock.   I was flored how quiet it was at the range yesterday.   Like others have said, it should be stupid quiet when my spectre II suppressor arrives.  Fun to shoot.   It liked the match ELEY and federal champion match.  The Winchester match did good too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'll admit. I copied another fine members post and look.   I love the pepper stock.   I was flored how quiet it was at the range yesterday.   Like others have said, it should be stupid quiet when my spectre II suppressor arrives.  Fun to shoot.   It liked the match ELEY and federal champion match.  The Winchester match did good too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw the pics of the pepper stock and had to have it.  Just waiting for it to ship, I think it will go well with my MVP Predator.  I sold my Tacticool stock to a member here.  Now I need to decide if I want to keep the Muelller APT or go with a lighter option.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
joebob has good prices.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

joebob has good prices.

Thanks! Snagged a couple

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:25:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Saw the pics of the pepper stock and had to have it.  Just waiting for it to ship, I think it will go well with my MVP Predator.  I sold my Tacticool stock to a member here.  Now I need to decide if I want to keep the Muelller APT or go with a lighter option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious , how come get rid of the mueller apt? Im just about to pull the trigger on that same scope. as it looks like a good compromise and price point with midways coupon codes right now make it a good deal, can get 2 new 20rd mags and the scope for $170 shipped
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:35:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Would a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 be too much for one of these?  I was waiting on a 2-7 crossfire but they are back ordered. Gun would mostly be a range gun with the occasional bunny control trip.

MAHA
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:16:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Would a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 be too much for one of these?  I was waiting on a 2-7 crossfire but they are back ordered. Gun would mostly be a range gun with the occasional bunny control trip.

MAHA
View Quote

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-4-14X44-FFP-Scope-p/pa4-14xffp.htm

this is sitting on mine
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

MAHA
View Quote

It's what I have on mine.  Comes with a slip in the box on where to zero for the hold overs to be accurate with .22.  Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but should be right.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

MAHA
View Quote

Here's my opinion on big scopes.   I was going to go with a Vortex crossfire II 4-18 44.  What I got sent was a Vortex PST 6-24 50mm  FFP.   A purchase I was going to make at a later date.  It worked out after price negotiation, I could keep it.   So it left me with a dilemma.  Should I put this scope on my FV-SR or put it on my 308.   So I ended up putting that scope on my 308 and took off the vortex viper PST 4-16 50mm FFP and I put it on my FV-SR.  Clearly an expensive scope and overkill.  But what I've found is that the better the optic, the larger the zoom and objective, the more pleasure you get out of a rifle.   anything will work, it's just how much pleasure do you want out of it.   For me, at 50 yards, I can shoot the eyes out of squirrel vs aiming for the torso.

when I go on to my next purchase, a good 300 win mag, I'll purchase the most optic I can get for around 300 bucks for the FV-Sr and do some rearranging. But as for now, the 4-16 50 FFP is awesome!

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Just curious , how come get rid of the mueller apt? Im just about to pull the trigger on that same scope. as it looks like a good compromise and price point with midways coupon codes right now make it a good deal, can get 2 new 20rd mags and the scope for $170 shipped
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The APT is very nice scope, the main reason is weight.  I'm going from a tacticool bench rest gun, to a lighter hunting gun.  The Nikon  3x9 rimfire is almost a pound lighter.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:58:35 AM EDT
[#38]

I went with the Diamondback. Will get some better photos later this week.

MAHA
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 3:12:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Looking at picking up a vortex crossfire 4-12 40mm AO soon and would like to get rid of the tri rail on my TRR-SR. Right now I'm thinking of one of the DNZ  mounts, anyone recommend then or have a better suggestion?
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#40]
the EGW base is the correct one for the FV-SR/ m,ark II savage. Replace the tri rail with the EGW one.

https://egwguns.com/wecs.php
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a follow up, my D.I.P. parts have finally shipped.  PLUS...   It appears they have more of the bottom metal kits IN STOCK.  And the wait continues....  But it won't be long now!
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Any have issues with moving the bolt forward? Sometimes it will stick, and I have to press on the back of the bolt body itself. Other times rounds hang up going into the chamber. I was hoping it would work in over time but it hasn't (I do only have about 300 rounds through it).

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Any have issues with moving the bolt forward? Sometimes it will stick, and I have to press on the back of the bolt body itself. Other times rounds hang up going into the chamber. I was hoping it would work in over time but it hasn't (I do only have about 300 rounds through it).
View Quote

On my old Walmart  mark II rounds would hang up all the time because the magazine was loose. As long as I put pressure on the mag when I cycle the bolt no hang ups. My current trr-sr does not have that problem.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
On my old Walmart  mark II rounds would hang up all the time because the magazine was loose. As long as I put pressure on the mag when I cycle the bolt no hang ups. My current trr-sr does not have that problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any way to tighten up how the rifle holds the mags?

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry I never really tried, I gave the rifle to a good friend when I got my new one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone tried putting iron sights on theirs?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
i have a rimfire hunter on order.forest camo color. that will look nice.
View Quote

just got it. very nice stock ! love the color.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 12:03:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i have a rimfire hunter on order.forest camo color. that will look nice.

uh huh....no pics.....you know....
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#49]
My FVSR

CCI Mini-mags 25y 5 shot group
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My FVSR
<a href="http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/greatbigd/media/DSC_0003_zps14b78284.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/greatbigd/DSC_0003_zps14b78284.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/greatbigd/media/20140315_145826_zps90212a6f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af223/greatbigd/20140315_145826_zps90212a6f.jpg</a>

CCI Mini-mags 25y 5 shot group
View Quote

Sweet, is that the mueller apt scope? I just picked up my fv-sr and am saving funds for the same stock and looking at the mueller scope. Do you like it, anything bad about it?

thanks
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top