Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 48
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now to figure out which scope to put on it.
View Quote

Mueller APT
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Now to fiigure out which scopet to put on it.
View Quote

I am going with a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 Scope with BDC.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Mueller APT
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mueller APT

Great scopes. Have one on my FV-SR and my 93R17.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up my FV-SR that I ordered from Bud's Gun shop. I threw on the only scope I had laying around, a BSA 3x9x50. Eventually I want to find a decent 2x7 power scope for this baby. I am also saving up for a suppressor as well.....

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mueller APT

An APT sounds like it will be it after some research.
I've noticed lor scope rings are the way to go.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know if the Weaver 6 hole low rings work on the Mueller APT on an FV-SR? Thanx!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup, got one of these on order and trying to decide between a vortex crossfire II 6-18 AO or diamondback 4-12 AO.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the Weaver 6 hole low rings work on the Mueller APT on an FV-SR? Thanx!!!
View Quote

Those are the rings I am running...probably overkill, but I got them for pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sorry in advance if this has been answered, I made it through 15 pages before I got cross eyed, heh.

Anyway, those of you that put you FV-SR in the Tacticool stock, have any of you glass bedded them?
If so, did you notice enough of a difference that it's worth it?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm sorry in advance if this has been answered, I made it through 15 pages before I got cross eyed, heh.

Anyway, those of you that put you FV-SR in the Tacticool stock, have any of you glass bedded them?

Thanks!
View Quote

Here is one thread.
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=369475
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/48F9B5F7-C6DE-429E-922E-FD4E60A05E50_zpsko7g1zgu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/48F9B5F7-C6DE-429E-922E-FD4E60A05E50_zpsko7g1zgu.jpg</a>
View Quote

ok I really need to do that to mine!

wow looks great
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Here is one thread.
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=369475

Thanks for finding and linking my old thread.

Yes, it made enough difference in the fit of the action and feel of the rifle. I wish I had done more testing accuracy-wise before and after, but I'm confident that it helped my groups. That stock is very soft, the inlet is way too large, and the pillars/bedding help stiffen things up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't know why I didn't think to check archives!

Thanks for the info JERZ, and thanks RCB for linking it as well!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, i made the decision, im in the club..well soon will be, Put half down on one of the fv-sr's today. Found some online for $210 shipped so jumped on it. hopefully by the end of next month ill have it in hand.

Also just went to boyds site and the Tacticool stock is out of stock,, how often does it go oos and how soon would you guess it will be around again?

Also comparing the original savage stock to the boyds stock is the length of pull much different? Havent seen the info on the stock savage length

Thanks and im excited..Can wil lbe on order hopefully end of next month also once this is paid off and shipped..thinking of getting the new huntertown guardian 22 can as this will be my first can..
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks and im excited..Can wil lbe on order hopefully end of next month also once this is paid off and shipped..thinking of getting the new huntertown guardian 22 can as this will be my first can..
View Quote

Go with the Kestrel.  The Extra money is worth the shrouded baffles to help with cleaning it.  Either way you will like the Huntertown Can.

MAHA
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well, i made the decision, im in the club..well soon will be, Put half down on one of the fv-sr's today. Found some online for $210 shipped so jumped on it. hopefully by the end of next month ill have it in hand.

Also just went to boyds site and the Tacticool stock is out of stock,, how often does it go oos and how soon would you guess it will be around again?

Also comparing the original savage stock to the boyds stock is the length of pull much different? Havent seen the info on the stock savage length

View Quote

The Boyd's stocks are typically not out of stock long, or you could order the unfinished one from Midway (but it seems they jacked the price up).
This is the quote from Boyd's website "IF TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK: ORDER NOW! PARTS WILL SHIP IN APPROX. 1-2 WEEKS FROM DATE OF ORDER."

The standard FVSR stock is listed at 13.5" LOP and the Boyd's is listed at 13.74" LOP.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I just ordered a Boyd Tacticool stock for my FV-SR.  In order to install it, is bedding necessary or the use of nylon washers like others have done mandatory?  Or can I just bolt it on?  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Go with the Kestrel.  The Extra money is worth the shrouded baffles to help with cleaning it.  Either way you will like the Huntertown Can.

MAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

I believe the 2014 Guardians (with the exception of the XL) now all have the shrouded Kestrel-type baffles. The tubes are also 316 stainless steel on the new Guardians except on the Ti version. Baffles are (aluminum + 1 stainless steel blast baffle) or all stainless steel on the SS and Ti models.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I believe the 2014 Guardians (with the exception of the XL) now all have the shrouded Kestrel-type baffles. The tubes are also 316 stainless steel on the new Guardians except on the Ti version. Baffles are (aluminum + 1 stainless steel blast baffle) or all stainless steel on the SS and Ti models.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

Yes pretty much the new guardians are much better and the same price from the guy i will be ordering from ,  a little info on the new one

Thanks for the other info on the stock LOP. I have been looking around locally for one of these fv-sr's and came across one online for $210 shipped so jumped on it.

Just so im sure this is the stock everyone is getting from boyds??
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#22]
So I broke down and ordered an fvsr to sit in a boyds stock, thinking either vortex crossfire or mueller apv for a scope. I had to buy another gun because my girlfriend liked the laminate stock and little scope on the BV version. Guess who gets another mk2 to play with?
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I just got my new FVSR yesterday from Bud's. I know this has been addressed but I have the gap between my Outback II and the muzzle. I know I can get it cut down but I would just as soon put a washer in to take up the gap. What are you guys using? Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just got my new FVSR yesterday from Bud's. I know this has been addressed but I have the gap between my Outback II and the muzzle. I know I can get it cut down but I would just as soon put a washer in to take up the gap. What are you guys using? Thanks for the input.
View Quote

Something like this maybe?
http://www.silencershop.com/shop/rifle-thread-spacer-12x28
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something like this maybe?
http://www.silencershop.com/shop/rifle-thread-spacer-12x28

That's probably a 0.2" spacer which is too much and will leave exposed threads on the Outback that can foul up.

You only need about 0.07" of spacer - a few shims or a peel washer (not crush) will do the trick.

Link Posted: 2/4/2014 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the feedback on the spacers. I might try some peel washers to see if that will do it. Gemtech's spacer looks like a hex nut.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Finally done!

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#28]
hahahaahahahah that is SOOOOOO DAMN SICK
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I just had the local gun store start searching for one of these for me.  While he's looking, I'll keep an eye out at Dicks and Bass Pro near me.  If I find one, then I'll end up with two, and that's never a bad thing.  

I suppose in the interim I can backorder the hardware and get a tacticool stock.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Finally done!

<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/12D9CD1E-E7F7-4E0B-BA6C-9E57F673E5F0_zpsbp3wijsh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/12D9CD1E-E7F7-4E0B-BA6C-9E57F673E5F0_zpsbp3wijsh.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/cwm556/media/2BE47846-7718-4097-BFC3-56D4771F8B32_zpsnn6gaqvp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b510/cwm556/2BE47846-7718-4097-BFC3-56D4771F8B32_zpsnn6gaqvp.jpg</a>
View Quote

that looks so good!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Also watch buds, occasionally their prices fluctuate drastically. A day or two after ordering mine at $262 shipped, they dropped it to the $219 cash price, but shortly after, went back to $250 cash price.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Also watch buds, occasionally their prices fluctuate drastically. A day or two after ordering mine at $262 shipped, they dropped it to the $219 cash price, but shortly after, went back to $250 cash price.
View Quote

This is how it was when i grabbed one from KYgun co, last month was at $209 shipped, now is $240 shipped and out of stock..glad i pulled the trigger when i did, actually they do a 60 day lay away and have to pay the other half still..
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 7:29:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just had the local gun store start searching for one of these for me.  While he's looking, I'll keep an eye out at Dicks and Bass Pro near me.  If I find one, then I'll end up with two, and that's never a bad thing.  

I suppose in the interim I can backorder the hardware and get a tacticool stock.
View Quote

I had the stock, hardware, mags, a scope and rings for months before I finally got a FV-SR
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Is this the right stock for the fv-sr?

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=9752&cat=1216

I just started reading on this particular rifle
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think that will work, but wait for someone that actually has the rifle to chime in.

This is the one that most folks in this thread are getting...

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=46985&cat=1215
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think that will work, but wait for someone that actually has the rifle to chime in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather have the pepper rimfire hunter.  Also,  what hardware do I need to get from Boyd's?   Trigger guard and floor plate? Anything else?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#37]
get the kit from DIP.
I'm also going with the same stock on my second FV-SR

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=323657&CAT=3602
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
get the kit from DIP.
I'm also going with the same stock on my second FV-SR

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=323657&CAT=3602
View Quote

Done.  Also got the rifle and stock.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I ordered a Boyd's rimfire hunter stock for this project.  Just FYI, hole spacing is 2.5 inches for the front two swivels in case you need to put a rail on.   Seekins had what I needed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#40]
He folks.  I made the mistake of ordering my rifle from Buds Gun shop.  Ordered it and everything cleared with the FFL information last Thursday morning.    Called today...6 days later and was told I was only on my second business day.  I know weekends are excluded but please.   Thursday morning order and paper work from the FFL was cleared.  That  is one day, Friday- Monday- Tuesday -and today it's Wednesday afternoon.   I guess I can't count.   They say 3-7 business days and probably won't be shipped until the 25th, which is what I'm told on the phone.   Sounds funky to me.   like I said, my mistake. For those of you shopping, take that into consideration when placing orders.  Just a friendly FYI.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Recently ordered mine , before they went out of stock and prices raised from KYgun co for $209 shipped and called in to pay off the rest of my layaway for it, and about an hour later had a tracking number . that was 3 days ago and suppose to be at my FFL tomorrow..
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Picked up a couple more today.

Package included:
Two FVSRs
Rex 4-12x40 scopes (not much info on these but they seem kind of cheap)
Harris bipods
Tac Ops Buttstock pouches
YHM flash hiders
Twelve 10 round mags
Two 5 round mags
Sportlock aluminum double rifle case
And 2500 rounds of federal bulk pack

Total was $650

I think I did okay.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#43]
my fv-sr
boyds stock
nikon 3x9x40
custom bedding
tuned trigger

also have the factory stock if anyone wants it. painted tan.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I ordered a Boyd's rimfire hunter stock for this project.  Just FYI, hole spacing is 2.5 inches for the front two swivels in case you need to put a rail on.   Seekins had what I needed.
View Quote

the bell and carson one ? make sure to post pics when done. I'm interested to do the same.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

the bell and carson one ? make sure to post pics when done. I'm interested to do the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um, no. The Boyds
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#46]

I just swtiched over to a DIP large knob on the lever and it is far better than I expected.
Vortex 4-12 scope. This is the one that is in question due to being from china.
Think I am going to put some camo or contrasting areas on the stock. Its currently a desert tan, but the camera over exposed it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
http://www.troupsystems.com/leopard%20rimfire/tansavage.jpg

I just swtiched over to a DIP large knob on the lever and it is far better than I expected.
Vortex 4-12 scope. This is the one that is in question due to being from china.
Think I am going to put some camo or contrasting areas on the stock. Its currently a desert tan, but the camera over exposed it.
View Quote

That is a great looking set up!
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Well just got my fv-sr from my FFL today, now to find a scope to put on it and see how it shoots in the original stock.

I do have some warne medium height 30mm scope rings laying around..Any good recommendations for a good budget oriented scope using a 30mm tube?
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well just got my fv-sr from my FFL today, now to find a scope to put on it and see how it shoots in the original stock.

I do have some warne medium height 30mm scope rings laying around..Any good recommendations for a good budget oriented scope using a 30mm tube?
View Quote

Vortex or VX3
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Vortex or VX3
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vortex or VX3

Which vortex do you like/recommend that have 30 mm tubes.
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top