Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Admittedly what you started with and what you ended up with is a real transformation.  Good work and I like the stock design.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
truly one of the top 10 most impressive custom works I've seen here on arfcom
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Chris hasn't logged in in six months!  Hope you are still out there buddy....
Link Posted: 2/23/2011 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FordGuy:
Chris hasn't logged in in six months!  Hope you are still out there buddy....

He's a welder by Trade so he gets busy from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Great looking rifle! You have some talent my friend.
Link Posted: 5/30/2012 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Good lord you have mad skills man!
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm still around.  E-mail  me if you have any questions,  Welding for the Barnett Shale pays the bills, but shooting and helping others shoot at the best of their ability interests me more.

Thanks again for the compliments!
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 11:19:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cwa11is] [#8]
oops.. double post because my internet is slow
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Simo11B:
truly one of the top 10 most impressive custom works I've seen here on arfcom

THIS. Great work!

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:29:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OIFVet215] [#10]
would it be possible to do this but in a bull-pup configuration? for the 10/22 that is.
Link Posted: 9/22/2012 11:50:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By OIFVet215:
would it be possible to do this but in a bull-pup configuration? for the 10/22 that is.

Of course it's possible.  I'm not going to make one anytime soon, but once you have a good inlet for your action and barrel, your shoulder, hand, and cheek position is only limited by your wants, needs, and imagination.

Link Posted: 10/14/2012 11:47:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZackH] [#12]
Hey y'all my name is Zack and I am brand new here, I just read this thread from start to finish. I'm not new to guns but I'm also not 100% familiar with everything there is out there about them. I mostly did the shooting and reloading, nothing more. haha My Dad did the modding... But anyways, I want to learn and make my own gun and I was just wondering where you guys got your barrels and assemblies form? And what I should be looking for, is cheap really bad, is expensive really that good, Im assuming it is... Where can I get the parts? How long did this take you to complete? Also I was looking for some good cheap middle of the road parts can you give me some recommendations?

Thanks In advance,
-Zack
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Very impressive!
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Gave me some great ideas for stocks
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jestertoo:
I vote for a tack on this one.
View Quote

THIS.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cwa11is:

Wow!  Again, I'm grateful all of the positive feedback.  My shooting sports activities have been on the back burner for the last several months, so I haven't been here at arfcom in a while.  BLCOUCH  has brought my attention back to this project and I have to say that if 10 of you guys want one of these at original terms I quoted above,  I'd be happy to do it, but I will need money up front.  PM me and I'll give you all my personal info.  

This is what you would get minus the cheekpiece mounting hole.  For 10/22's with bull barrell only. You'd also have to bed your action yourself.  
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/cwa11is_2008/texture1.jpg

Chris
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
how much do you charge?

First let me reiterate that I'm not in the business of making stocks or woodworking at all.  I just like to make things I want when  I can't afford the real thing. I would be happy to provide a product that other shooters would appreciate, but it would cost me quite a bit to get set up.  I crunched some numbers I would need $125 per stock if I had 10 or more to do.  That would be only for 10/22 actions with bull barrels and include only the wood and fiberglass texture and hardware holes---not the cheek piece or buttplate.  I would seal it with primer and let you paint it yourself.  Let me tell you, that price does not include any cash profit for me.  I would just be working for the tools.  I know that is steep and I don't expect any orders, but thanks again for all your compliments.

Start a list of people. I would gladly give you $125 to help get the tools. After the first set of ten, then you would have all of the tools and start making some money for yourself. Most businesses lose money at the beginning while they are acquring equipment. Sometimes it takes years to make a profit, but you will break even with the first round of stocks. PM me if this sounds good. I honestly think that if you charged $125 per stock you could sell a lot of them. Then maybe add the buttplate and cheekpiece as options for additional $$?

Wow!  Again, I'm grateful all of the positive feedback.  My shooting sports activities have been on the back burner for the last several months, so I haven't been here at arfcom in a while.  BLCOUCH  has brought my attention back to this project and I have to say that if 10 of you guys want one of these at original terms I quoted above,  I'd be happy to do it, but I will need money up front.  PM me and I'll give you all my personal info.  

This is what you would get minus the cheekpiece mounting hole.  For 10/22's with bull barrell only. You'd also have to bed your action yourself.  
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/cwa11is_2008/texture1.jpg

Chris

sign me up for one
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw the 2nd pic and was like lol this is gonna be good. Love the fiberglass and sawdust.

Great job.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey man,
I bought one of your early stocks a long time ago....and never used it yet.  Anyway, do you know if the PWS T3 action will fit?
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top