Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/23/2009 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Any hope for a Marlin version? I have a 980V...

I need two Walnut stocks made for Winchester 70/FN PBR actions. Any hope? PLEASE?

I can only do versions for the actions I have. For now I can only do 10/22 bull barrel and new version Savage MKII FV (might also fit 93's, but I'm not sure).

Chris, are they still going for $230 finished?

Yes. +$15 shipping.  Savage trigger gaurd/magplate will be $20 extra.
Link Posted: 7/5/2009 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you still making the stocks?

Are the contoured ones still going for $165?

Oh yeah...

These look amazing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2009 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MrBackpack:

Oh yeah...

These look amazing.

'Bout time you checked out this thread
Link Posted: 7/5/2009 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MrBackpack:

Oh yeah...

These look amazing.

Thanks, and yes.$165 with no hardware +$15 shipping. I have 3 walnut MKII-FV's in progress as well. They should be ready later this week.  +$20 for those, because I have to make the trigger guard / magwell pate to go with them.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered one, I can't wait to get it
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 11:00:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cwa11is] [#6]
Custom Savage MKII stocks are available for order. Since I have to make the trigger guard and mag plate, they are $20 more.  You can order with out the  plate/guard and save the $20, but you’ll have to drill and inlet for it yourself.  These first 3 are walnut finished with 6 coats of 100% tung oil.  Trigger guard/magplate is hand made from 10 ga. Steel and either polished or cold blued with oxpho-blue.  As pictured, they are $185+$15shipping. I can finish them out with a Morgan adj. Buttplate and swivel studs for $250+$15 shipping.  These are for the newer accutrigger  FV versions with this action:

I had a custom request to curve the butt of the stock to eliminate the need for a buttplate and it turned out great, so I’ll add that as an option to any stock for no extra charge. LOP is 13 ½” , but can be different if requested.

Link Posted: 7/28/2009 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]
New Appleseed special.  Based on the tactical style, but eliminated the butt hook that is not necessary for AQT shooting and added a cheek weld position for use with tech sights.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2009 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got my stock Chris...

Holy Jeezus Christ...

Its amazing, I'll post pics once I get the stock oiled/stained.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 8:27:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: white32golf] [#9]
Recieved my stock from Chris yesterday, damn fine work. Thinking GAP camo for the paint job.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Best deal going right now
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Can some one tell me if he has a website, or how to get one of those stocks?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone???
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By white32golf:
Recieved my stock from Chris yesterday, damn fine work. Thinking GAP camo for the paint job.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/HuntJohn/001.jpg

What scope is that?

Link Posted: 8/5/2009 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Originally Posted By white32golf:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/HuntJohn/001.jpg

What scope is that?

Leupold Long Range MK 4 4.5- 14x40 on Leupold base and rings. Just a spare that was laying around that seems to have found a home.

Link Posted: 8/14/2009 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
oooooo, I want one!!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2009 6:53:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marctolate] [#16]
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/cwa11is_2008/savstocks2.jpg

They look really good.

Do you make them for a CZ452/453?

Is it possible to make the front a bit rounder on the bottom side?

Thanks Marc
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#17]
This is mine that Chris made for me. Had him change it a little for me. Awesome work and great guy.

Thanks Chris!
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5149/stocks102213oct09017.jpg
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, that's exactly what I mean!

Now hope he can make them for the CZ453 Varmint.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 7:04:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Major_98] [#19]
Man i may have to get another built. I really like the rounded version. Good call on your part.

ETA: What buttplate have yall been using? I want to get my rifle up and thats one thing standing in my way.  Also I would be VERY interested in one for a CZ 452 Varmint if thats a possability.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:42:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ffR54] [#20]
Originally Posted By Major_98:
Man i may have to get another built. I really like the rounded version. Good call on your part.  

Chris said he liked my stock so much he was going to go back and do his the same..
Link Posted: 11/18/2009 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I've had several inquiries about making stocks for actions that I don't have in my possession.  I hand test fit every stock I make to be sure it fits and that it is straight.  The good news is that my brother in law is now an FFL and I can do any stock any one wants, but I'd need your action and you would have to deal with your FFL.  He won't charge me for accepting orders, but I'd need an extra $10 for travel to his house if you want something other than a 10/22 bull barrel or late model Savage MKII-FV .22lr (newer version with accutrigger and 1-5/8" ejection port.)  I will record inlet dimensions for new actions that I come across and hopefully I will acquire a list of actions that I don't need your actual rifle.
Link Posted: 11/19/2009 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cwa11is:
I've had several inquiries about making stocks for actions that I don't have in my possession.  I hand test fit every stock I make to be sure it fits and that it is straight.  The good news is that my brother in law is now an FFL and I can do any stock any one wants, but I'd need your action and you would have to deal with your FFL.  He won't charge me for accepting orders, but I'd need an extra $10 for travel to his house if you want something other than a 10/22 bull barrel or late model Savage MKII-FV .22lr (newer version with accutrigger and 1-5/8" ejection port.)  I will record inlet dimensions for new actions that I come across and hopefully I will acquire a list of actions that I don't need your actual rifle.

Sounds like you two could work out a "package" deal.  He orders whatever rifle (or barreled action if available), you make the stock and fit it and then complete rifle with awesome stock gets shipped to customer..

Oh, and a BTT for one of the best firearm related-deals since the CMP
Link Posted: 11/19/2009 6:37:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cwa11is] [#23]

Sounds like you two could work out a "package" deal.  He orders whatever rifle (or barreled action if available), you make the stock and fit it and then complete rifle with awesome stock gets shipped to customer..

I didn't even think of that, but I'm pretty sure that would work. He would add his own mark up for the rifle or barreled action though.  If anyone wants to try that, I'll ask him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2009 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a savage MKII, looking for something along the lines of a remington 700 Pss Stock, would this be at all possible?

If not your mcmillian type stocks still up for grabs?
Link Posted: 11/28/2009 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Be careful with stuff like that.

I am pretty sure BATFE considers that manufacturing and would require a separate license.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

I am pretty sure BATFE considers that manufacturing and would require a separate license.

I'll check that out.

I have a savage MKII, looking for something along the lines of a remington 700 Pss Stock, would this be at all possible?

Maybe on the PSS stock, but I could only work from pictures and might not feel like your centerfire. I don't keep any of them pre-made, but I'll definitly make the others to order.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

I'll check that out.

Maybe on the PSS stock, but I could only work from pictures and might not feel like your centerfire. I don't keep any of them pre-made, but I'll definitly make the others to order.

I don't have the PSS anyway ALways wanted one though. I just like that stock. My MkII is not the version with the accutrigger. Would that make a big difference?

Link Posted: 12/2/2009 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#28]

I don't have the PSS anyway ALways wanted one though. I just like that stock. My MkII is not the version with the accutrigger. Would that make a big difference?

There is quite a bit of difference.  I revised the inletting pic.  Look at the 6th post down on page 7.  I'd have to have your action or one like it to make the stock.  Or maybe your original stock, but I couldn't test fit it like I normally do.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Great work.  Have you considered making your own adjustable comb?  If metal is your forte I'd think a couple bolts and a sheet of heavy kydex would be pretty easy.  http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_136

I'll have to think about that walnut...
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Hello Chris,

Any updates on a stock for the CZ453?

Thanks,

Marc
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By fatmoocow:
Great work.  Have you considered making your own adjustable comb?  If metal is your forte I'd think a couple bolts and a sheet of heavy kydex would be pretty easy.  http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_136

I just installed a Karsten for a guy's MKII build and I'm considering making a variation.  I don't want to compete with them, but I might make something similar as proprietary.  In the mean time, I'll install Karstons for free if you buy from them.  I give karsten my endorsement:

As far as 453's and 452's go.  I've had people willing to send me their rifle, but no one has actually done it. I'll do one for materials only cost for the first one that touches my hands.  PM me for FFL info.  It won't cost anything at my end.
Link Posted: 1/29/2010 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#32]
PM sent!

Link Posted: 2/8/2010 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#33]
SWEET!!!!.......that's all I got.
Link Posted: 2/8/2010 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Price of 10/22 Stock and Savage Mk II Stock?
Link Posted: 2/9/2010 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By fatmoocow:

I just installed a Karsten for a guy's MKII build and I'm considering making a variation.  I don't want to compete with them, but I might make something similar as proprietary.  In the mean time, I'll install Karstons for free if you buy from them.  I give karsten my endorsement:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/cwa11is_2008/A35MKIIrt.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/cwa11is_2008/karstenMKII.jpg

As far as 453's and 452's go.  I've had people willing to send me their rifle, but no one has actually done it. I'll do one for materials only cost for the first one that touches my hands.  PM me for FFL info.  It won't cost anything at my end.

For a stock like this on my savage MKII, you would need my rifle? How mucha again for a stock like pictured? I'm looking for something either in the mcmillian or remington 700 PSS
type of look.

Link Posted: 2/10/2010 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Very nice work sir!  Someone probably already suggested you make a jig for your 10/22 builds.  I've always wanted to do a laminate stock with each layer a different stain color, like red+white+blue, or green+brown+tan+black.  I suppose I need to do a new 10/22 project to get me motivated.
Link Posted: 2/11/2010 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Do you make these stocks for a Savage 93 22magnum?
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By thetuna:
Price of 10/22 Stock and Savage Mk II Stock?

For a stock like this on my savage MKII, you would need my rifle? How mucha again for a stock like pictured? I'm looking for something either in the mcmillian or remington 700 PSS
type of look.

PM me

Do you make these stocks for a Savage 93 22magnum?

Maybe.  I never have, but my inlet dimensions are for e-receivers and I believe the 93's are the basis for the E-receiver. PM or e-mail me to discuss specific measurements.

Hello Chris,

Any updates on a stock for the CZ453?

Thanks,

Marc

I just ordered a 452 American this morning.  After I work out inlet dimensions for it, I should be able to do 453's and varmints with some minor tweaks.  Hopefully in about a month.  At least a starting point is finally eminent!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Chris,
I have a 10/22 with a integral suppressor. The barrel is 1 inch rather than 0.920. Could you make that slight modification on one of your stocks?

Also, what is the length of pull on one of your 10/22 stocks?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By clivus:
Chris,
I have a 10/22 with a integral suppressor. The barrel is 1 inch rather than 0.920. Could you make that slight modification on one of your stocks?

Also, what is the length of pull on one of your 10/22 stocks?

Yes, I can modify most details with the 10/22 action easily.  LOP is 13 1/2-3/4 from my template depending on what recoil pad you want, but I can make it whatever you want.  email me for details.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Do you have an inletting pattern for the Ruger 77/22 and 77/17, I believe they are the same regardless of long rifle or magnum.

My 77/17HMR needs one of these
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#42]
You da man CW
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By wintermute76:
Do you have an inletting pattern for the Ruger 77/22 and 77/17, I believe they are the same regardless of long rifle or magnum.

My 77/17HMR needs one of these

I don't have inlet dimensions for a 77.  The only way I could do it is if you send me your action. It's a long drawn out process, but I did it for a guys 40X:

Another guy sent me his own Richards microfit blank and I cut out an A5 style from it.  I think it turned out pretty cool:

Link Posted: 4/27/2010 2:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#44]
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#45]
getting back on track, I have thought about the tools required to do this kind of work, and how enjoyable it must be to produce something so beautiful.  I don't think I coudl ever do it myself.  Awesome work, please keep the pics coming!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2010 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#46]
nice
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone heard from Chris since April?  IMs not answered....Chris you still out there?
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 12:00:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm still around .  I'm just not a business that makes riflestocks full time and I don't produce enough to be an industry partner, but I have truly enjoyed hand-making  pieces that enhance other people's shooting experiences and I'll gladly offer any tips for your own build.  Feel free to PM or e-mail me with any questions.

Thanks,
Chris ;)

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#50]
could you send me via email your tracing in a PDF format. I want to give this a try.

Very Respectfully

Airframer1981
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top