Link Posted: 8/15/2008 4:29:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cwa11is] [#1]
height=8
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
height=8
Originally Posted By cwa11is:
height=8
how much do you charge?

First let me reiterate that I'm not in the business of making stocks or woodworking at all.  I just like to make things I want when  I can't afford the real thing. I would be happy to provide a product that other shooters would appreciate, but it would cost me quite a bit to get set up.  I crunched some numbers I would need $125 per stock if I had 10 or more to do.  That would be only for 10/22 actions with bull barrels and include only the wood and fiberglass texture and hardware holes---not the cheek piece or buttplate.  I would seal it with primer and let you paint it yourself.  Let me tell you, that price does not include any cash profit for me.  I would just be working for the tools.  I know that is steep and I don't expect any orders, but thanks again for all your compliments.

Start a list of people. I would gladly give you $125 to help get the tools. After the first set of ten, then you would have all of the tools and start making some money for yourself. Most businesses lose money at the beginning while they are acquring equipment. Sometimes it takes years to make a profit, but you will break even with the first round of stocks. PM me if this sounds good. I honestly think that if you charged $125 per stock you could sell a lot of them. Then maybe add the buttplate and cheekpiece as options for additional $$?

Wow!  Again, I'm grateful all of the positive feedback.  My shooting sports activities have been on the back burner for the last several months, so I haven't been here at arfcom in a while.  BLCOUCH  has brought my attention back to this project and I have to say that if 10 of you guys want one of these at original terms I quoted above,  I'd be happy to do it, but I will need money up front.  PM me and I'll give you all my personal info.  

This is what you would get minus the cheekpiece mounting hole.  For 10/22's with bull barrell only. You'd also have to bed your action yourself.  
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj43/cwa11is_2008/texture1.jpg

Chris
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The list has started.....9 more needed
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
add me too. I'd like one like the original and one uninletted to put my cz 452 in
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 12:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Since it was my idea, I of course would like one. I believe that is 7 to go...
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 3:30:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Major_98] [#5]
Ill take one..... e-mail sent or sending in a sec

Edited to add 6 to go
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 9:20:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: die-tryin] [#7]
those are badass and there IS a market for them. But plez, if you do go into production DONT RUSH the orders. Be honest and dont push yourself, quality will suffer.

If they are completely finished Id be interested for sure. I know nothing about finishing a stock or bedding. So id need one that I could just drop in my parts. If it cost a lil more than that wouldnt be so bad.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#8]
height=8
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
Take a look at the stock replicator on ebay, it would be pretty easy to make.

Then you could crank them out of solid blanks.

stock duplicator

Interesting product.  I'd have to use one in person before I would trust it. I will not use that on this project though.  I will fit every stock to my barreled  to ensure a proper fit.

Here is the list so far:

1.  SAVAGE1971

2.  blcouch.....one inletted for 10/22

3.  blcouch.....another one uninletted

4.  azoutdoorsman

5.  Major_98

6.  die-tryin..(maybe.  Discussion pending)

We're at least half way.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Originally Posted By die-tryin:
those are badass and there IS a market for them. But plez, if you do go into production DONT RUSH the orders. Be honest and dont push yourself, quality will suffer.

If they are completely finished Id be interested for sure. I know nothing about finishing a stock or bedding. So id need one that I could just drop in my parts. If it cost a lil more than that wouldnt be so bad.

I might be able to work with you on this.  PM me and I will give my personal info to discuss it. I tried to email you, but you seem to have that feature blocked.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 6:33:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: die-tryin] [#10]

Originally Posted By cwa11is:

Originally Posted By die-tryin:

I might be able to work with you on this.  PM me and I will give my personal info to discuss it. I tried to email you, but you seem to have that feature blocked.

Chris

Shouldnt be blocked. hmm, ill have to check. I do deals in the EE all the time, so the IM thingy is essential. My email was blocked, but its unblocked. I really dont like that, cuz ppls NICKs arent associated with those and it gets hard to figure out whos who.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice job.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#12]
job well done. Looks great
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I would commit to buy if you get a full group going, that stock is beautiful.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#14]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Added to list:

7. Jimmyjoebob
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Added to list:

8.   white32golf

Link Posted: 8/28/2008 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Your stock looks awsome!!!  I'm very interested in ordering one but how much would you charge if you included the adjustable cheek piece and adjustable buttplate?
Link Posted: 9/11/2008 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I am very interested

is that 125 shipped?

I LOVE this stock and it is exactly what I am looking for
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok.  I maxed out my credit card and bought the tools I need for this.  No more 10 prepaid orders needed. If you want one, the first ten will get it for the original deal I specified.  I will offer various stages of finishing at various prices after that. PM me if you want something like this.

Chris

P.S...I used my stock for my first organized shoot and scored an appleseed rifleman patch. It actually works too.
Link Posted: 12/7/2008 1:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trumpet] [#21]
Originally Posted By itgoesboom:
Originally Posted By hapi:
great work!

how much do you charge?

+100!

I have nowhere near the talent required for something like this, but I love that style.

Something like that with my MK II would be just the ticket!

+1

ETA...I didn't even read the whole thread.  I'm in for one

ETAA...How much extra for paint and cheekpiece?
Link Posted: 12/7/2008 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Are those of us who said we wanted to be on theinitial  list already considered one of the 10.  Also could you e-mail me what "options" and pricing may be avaliable along with any other details you can give me on the construction and wood type if you have that nailed down now.  

I was thinking this got put on the backburner so im glad to see your post.  

Major
Link Posted: 12/7/2008 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in for #9.
Link Posted: 12/7/2008 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I am in for one also, I will even buy some tools for you, that is awesome, I want one just like it, just not painted. email me [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/7/2008 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Count me in for one also...email me @ [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 1:33:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Not sure where in TX you are at but I'm in DFW.  I have a savage MKII i would love to have one  of these for and know theres a bunch of guys on some other websites that would like one as well.

I'd be willing to let you use/measure my rifle as a template.

Let me know if your interested cause I am!
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Major_98:
Are those of us who said we wanted to be on theinitial  list already considered one of the 10.  Also could you e-mail me what "options" and pricing may be avaliable along with any other details you can give me on the construction and wood type if you have that nailed down now.  

I was thinking this got put on the backburner so im glad to see your post.  

Major

Yes.  I just need to get some capitol going so I can buy some wood and glue in bulk. I made some jigs and I've developed a basic  system of production and I'm not sure how long they will take to build. I'm guessing at this point 3 to 5 days for a run of 3.  After ten, I should have a reasonable expectation of what it takes me  time and money wise. I don't know what packing and shipping will cost either. Hopefully not more than $10, but I'll eat it for the first 10.  Those of you that wanted one early on are the reason I'm making them and I will lock you in on that price.   You pushed me into production and I thank y'all for that.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Originally Posted By itgoesboom:
Originally Posted By hapi:
great work!

how much do you charge?

+100!

I have nowhere near the talent required for something like this, but I love that style.

Something like that with my MK II would be just the ticket!

+1

ETA...I didn't even read the whole thread.  I'm in for one

ETAA...How much extra for paint and cheekpiece?

Woohoo quoting myself here.  Anyway, just to reiterate, "I'm in".  You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Hold off on my order for right now. I really want one of your stocks but i got laid off from work last week. Hopefully I'll find something this week so you can put me back on the list.
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Just to re-iterate, these are cut out for bull barrel use. Lighter contours will fit, but your free float area will appear larger, but you will be able to drop in a bull or bull fluted barrel with no modification.  Also, I'm assuming people that want one of these will be using a scope.  In order to use Tech Sights, or any other iron sight, the comb must be lowered.  I will do it for no extra charge, but you will probably want to do it yourself for a more personal fit.  I lowered mine about 3/8"

Chris

Link Posted: 12/11/2008 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm in for one!  Sent you a payment via PayPal.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 7:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stainless10FP] [#32]
absolutely amazing!!!   count me in if your still taking orders.  [email protected]  

10/22
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#33]
tag
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:57:33 AM EDT
[#34]
+1 for the savage mkII

I'd be on that train forsure.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Lets see some groups
Awsome stock by the way.
Link Posted: 12/14/2008 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd also love to pay you to make me one of these stocks. Pease let me know if I can get in on this!

Joe
Link Posted: 12/14/2008 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#37]
That is just cool!
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I just got linked here from RFC.com and just wanted to congratulate you on your build. It looks great, obviously is popular and the resin texturing is brilliant. Well done!
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Very impressive.
Link Posted: 12/16/2008 9:57:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HRTshooter] [#40]
whats the count at are there any spots left for the 1st run of ten?
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 9:17:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cwa11is] [#41]
I have 6 paid for,  3 already shipped, 3 in the process of being cut, but the weather is slowing me down. I will continue to make as many of these as there is demand. I will just have to re-evaluate the price after the first ten. The remaining original ten on the list prior to my post on 12/10, who don't already one, will still have this price offer. $125 check or money order, $130 paypal.

Chris

Steve S...I tried to answer your PM, but it said "invalid user".
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Man that is about the best scratch build I have ever seen. OUTSTANDING!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Payment sent for #7!
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#44]
make one for a savage mkII
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By llamanator:
make one for a savage mkII

And a CZ 452
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Nice work
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I received my order today.  Let me tell you guys, this thing came out better than I had hoped.  The look and feel is outstanding and the machining is perfect.  You wouldn't believe the lines in the bedding area.  GOOD JOB CHRIS!  I will get some pics up later.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By jarowe0122:
I received my order today.  Let me tell you guys, this thing came out better than I had hoped.  The look and feel is outstanding and the machining is perfect.  You wouldn't believe the lines in the bedding area.  GOOD JOB CHRIS!  I will get some pics up later.

Glad to hear it. I can't wait to get mine!

Please post pics ASAP so I can drool until I get mine.

Joe
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jarowe0122:

Where`s the pics?  Pics.. Pics.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top