Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 5:05:25 AM EDT
Can anyone tell me a little about these mags I've got.  Haven't found a whole lot of information on them.  Thanks in advance!

http://www.allerian.com/images/22mags.jpg
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:50:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Those are what Ciener uses in his AR-15/M16 .22LR conversion kit.  He welds to them an "adapter" which fits in the magazine well and locks up like a standard GI mag.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#2]
The other two items in your pic are mag well adapters for 10/22. These mags don't work especially well in 10/22. Better are available now.

I have a rifle that uses these mags, and I need some of them. If you'd like to get rid of them, I'd like to try to negotiate a deal with you. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I ought to have made my question clearer.  I've used these mags a few times in a 10/22 and they  work as expected.  The thing I don't know is the backstory - I've had multiple guys look at these mags and go all ga-ga on me trying to buy them - and I've had a guy say "bah, those things are everywhere" and claimed they are made in Wisconsin - but I haven't ever run across any more of them.

Snake45, I'm interested.  IM me with your thoughts.  I'm a good trader :)
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
If anyone knows where to get some of those.  EMAIL me!

Edited to add...I've been after them for a long time.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The magazines were made in Italy for companies like Bingham & Armi Jager during the 80s for several of its .22 rifes which were primarly 22lr copies of larger rifles such as the Galil, pphs, thompson, ect.  

Along the way several small compaines in the US, such as Taylor produced an adaptor for the 10/22.

When the magazine ban came along Ciener bought all the magazines in the US and will not part with them.  

These magazines are not common in their orginal format (Such as yours), most have been altered with welded adaptors and can not be used in more then one gun.

The small number that did not get picked up by him are what you have and are highly sought after if you have the adaptor that goes with it.  And in your pic you have two adaptors!

I have set a of 6 magazines, the speed loader (most of the time this is missing from the set), and the adaptor myself.  I had to dig deep to find them to...

There was a set on gunbroker the other day for $400 (4 magazines and 1 adaptor I think)...

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#6]
So since the ban is off, anyone picking up production?  They appear to be pretty simple.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I just learned how to turn the Instant Messages on.  Apologies to anyone who tried to IM me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, I just learned how to turn the Instant Messages on.  Apologies to anyone who tried to IM me.

I did, and figgered when I didn't hear from you that you considered my offer ridiculously low. Which, in fact, it was.

My IM thing is on. Send me one and let me know what you'd want for one, two, or all of them. Maybe we can deal.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:14:46 AM EDT
[#9]
These are now in the NFA section of the EE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top