Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 8:06:57 PM EDT
I need to know if the MOLLE spacing is tighter than 1.5" on the sides.

This picture makes it look like it's closer to 1.25".

Buddy asked me for a custom LRF pouch for his Leica, so I need to know what the spacing is.

We got it done nicely with help from the hive.  Thanks guys!

Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't take this the wrong way, not trying to be an ass, but couldn't you just ask your buddy? Or does he not have the pack and you guys are trying to figure out if it would work with it or...?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I need to know if the MOLLE spacing is tighter than 1.5" on the sides.

This picture makes it look like it's closer to 1.25".

Buddy asked me for a custom LRF pouch for his Leica, so I need to know what the spacing is.

http://cdn.atlantictactical.com/images/uploads/p_56955_169_Alternate3.jpg
View Quote

It's closer 1-1/4". Just measured mine. Personally I wouldn't strap a Leica in a pouch to the outside on the sides, it's not stable enough IMO. It would actually fit in the front pocket quite nicely, depending on which one you have. My dad's LRF 900 fits with a custom neoprene padded case. Normally I would have it and would post a pic, but he's out west with it now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't take this the wrong way, not trying to be an ass, but couldn't you just ask your buddy? Or does he not have the pack and you guys are trying to figure out if it would work with it or...?
View Quote
Out of town.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's closer 1-1/4". Just measured mine. Personally I wouldn't strap a Leica in a pouch to the outside on the sides, it's not stable enough IMO. It would actually fit in the front pocket quite nicely, depending on which one you have. My dad's LRF 900 fits with a custom neoprene padded case. Normally I would have it and would post a pic, but he's out west with it now.
View Quote
Thanks.  The pouch is fully padded w/ 1/4" thick stiff enclosed in Cordura and pack cloth liner to protect the unit.

I did the same thing for the MELIOS and other sensitive items that are electro-optical and cost a pile of money when I was in.

All my gear was/is jumpable.  This is just for PRS so he has quicker access to the LRF, without losing protection.

The Leica factory pouch is garbage.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Finished it for those that were curious, nothing fancy.  Used 1/4" padding, 500D MC Cordura, 400D packcloth liner.

Link Posted: 7/30/2017 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for your help gents in providing that spacing measurement.

It worked out perfect, didn't interfere with use of the little side zipper pockets.  Used in a match this weekend.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top