Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2017 8:20:36 PM EDT
I need some help with my pack...
My med kit is too heavy on the front, especially when its not loaded.

The hook and loop piece attaches via molle and has extra metal rings to use.

I need a way to pull the kit up and in so it doesn't flop down. I need a way to go from the rings to the top of the pack/handle.

Ideas? Paracord? Buckle? Etc?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If it were me, I'd go with buckles attached with paracord to the small loops on either side of the handle. Then use some webbing matching the buckle dimensions attached to the other end of the buckles and the D rings. That way you can easily unbuckle it to work the zippers or remove it altogether, leaving one end of the buckle always attached to the pack.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it were me, I'd go with buckles attached with paracord to the small loops on either side of the handle. Then use some webbing matching the buckle dimensions attached to the other end of the buckles and the D rings. That way you can easily unbuckle it to work the zippers or remove it altogether, leaving one end of the buckle always attached to the pack.
View Quote
Not sure 100% what youre saying. I think I follow?

What parts would I need?
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
get a couple small buckles like these
http://milspecmonkey.com/store/hardware-diy/126-itw-1-repair-buckle.html

Or if you want to get fancier, these
http://milspecmonkey.com/store/hardware-diy/137-itw-surfacemount-1inch.html

attach them to the small loops next to the carry handle, probably with paracord, seen in your picture.

Get some 1 inch webbing and run through the buckles and down through the d rings on your med kit.

That way you can unbuckle it from your pack if necessary just leaving one half of the buckle attached near the carry handle. This would allow you to easily open the pack all the way or remove it completely. I've never done this but seeing your situation, that seems like the most logical way for me.

PS, apologies for the delay, been on vacation.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
get a couple small buckles like these
http://milspecmonkey.com/store/hardware-diy/126-itw-1-repair-buckle.html

Or if you want to get fancier, these
http://milspecmonkey.com/store/hardware-diy/137-itw-surfacemount-1inch.html

attach them to the small loops next to the carry handle, probably with paracord, seen in your picture.

Get some 1 inch webbing and run through the buckles and down through the d rings on your med kit.

That way you can unbuckle it from your pack if necessary just leaving one half of the buckle attached near the carry handle. This would allow you to easily open the pack all the way or remove it completely. I've never done this but seeing your situation, that seems like the most logical way for me.

PS, apologies for the delay, been on vacation.
View Quote
Think I could use these downrange gear vertical connectors?

Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes but make sure it includes both the male and female ends of the buckle. Sometimes what you buy is only one half. The picture only shows two female buckles. Those will definitely work but make sure to get the male buckles as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes but make sure it includes both the male and female ends of the buckle. Sometimes what you buy is only one half. The picture only shows two female buckles. Those will definitely work but make sure to get the male buckles as well.
View Quote
Definitely. I was just looking at a better solution to attaching than paracord.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't underestimate paracord but that would provide a smoother and cleaner attachment. Just so you get what I'm saying, I made a crude graphic. I think it's right, based on what your saying and your pic shows. Feel free to correct me.

Link Posted: 7/26/2017 3:15:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't underestimate paracord but that would provide a smoother and cleaner attachment. Just so you get what I'm saying, I made a crude graphic. I think it's right, based on what your saying and your pic shows. Feel free to correct me.

http://i.imgur.com/f6zoqhJ.jpg
View Quote
Spot on.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool. If it were me, I'd go with the second ones I linked to above. Those would allow you to snap the female end of the buckle around the small loops on either side of the carry handle. They would then be oriented correctly, allowing you to cinch down the webbing as much as you want.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:48:02 AM EDT
[#10]
If you look, the small plastic plate goes under the loop, the female buckle then snaps to the plate over the loop and stays in place. Very nice clean look. And if you wanted to remove the med pack, the only thing remaining on your main pack is the two female buckles. Very clean and neat. Of course they're not permanent so you could remove them too if you needed to. No damage to your main pack.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Disregard my last. I googled the ones you pictured (I wasn't familiar) and those accomplish the same as what I posted. Those would be good to go. Good luck and happy tinkering
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top