Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2017 9:00:52 PM EDT
Looking for some quick responses on if anyone knows anything about the CATI Level III CQB Multi-curve armor?

I have the opportunity to grab a couple 10x12's (swimmers cut front, shooters cut rear) for about $37 each after I sell the Condor Sentry PC that comes with them, or buy them without the Condor Sentry PC for about $38 each.  Need to know if it's worth it, and fast!

Also interested if anyone has thoughts on if the Condor Sentry PC is worth the $55 I'd pay for it...

Thank you
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Ehh... they're only $52 new direct from CATIs site with the base coat. Do the ones your looking at have a build up coat? If so that's another $25. Might be worth it then. 

As for the Condor carrier if its new they're worth about $45. 
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ehh... they're only $52 new direct from CATIs site with the base coat. Do the ones your looking at have a build up coat? If so that's another $25. Might be worth it then. 

View Quote
So are they not worth it at all?  The carrier is new, but I don't really need it...saving for a Mayflower or Paraclete SOHPC anyway.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So are they not worth it at all?  The carrier is new, but I don't really need it...saving for a Mayflower or Paraclete SOHPC anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, I guess. It's not like it's a screaming deal or something though. If they're just the level III and not the III+ plates then they won't stop M193 or similar high velocity rounds. Condor is chinese junk, I won't use it but if you're comfortable with it that's your choice.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Eh, I guess. It's not like it's a screaming deal or something though. If they're just the level III and not the III+ plates then they won't stop M193 or similar high velocity rounds. Condor is chinese junk, I won't use it but if you're comfortable with it that's your choice.
View Quote
Valid points...I'll continue to hold out for the Mayflower or Paraclete.  I thought III stopped up to 7.62, so if not then I'll hold out for a good deal on some III+ plates.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Valid points...I'll continue to hold out for the Mayflower or Paraclete.  I thought III stopped up to 7.62, so if not then I'll hold out for a good deal on some III+ plates.

Thank you!
View Quote
Level III will stop .308, what it struggles to stop is high velocity, low mass rounds such as M193. Velocity is key to armor penetration, not mass. There's level III plates that have stopped .338 Lapua but not M193. 

Either way, I'd say you're decision is a good one. The plates I use myself are Spartan Armor III+ plates. If you sign up for their email alerts they run a 15% off deal every few months, usually around holidays. I think HighCom has some decently priced ceramics if you want to go that route instead and every once in a while I know they have a 15% or 20% off sale. Actually, just checked and they offer 15% off first purchase if you sign up for their email alerts. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top