Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2017 3:55:28 PM EDT

Thanks!

ETA: While we're at it, I need a pair of knee pads for class next month. I need them to work, but I will rarely wear them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a heads up, you double posted this thread. 

Can't help with the mag pouch, don't have much knowledge of kydex gear. As for the knee pads I've heard nothing but good things about Alta Industries knee pads.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Arc'teryx Knee Caps
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the Raven Copia pouched can be attached in a similar fashion.

Esstac also makes quality mag pouches.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5b/80/d7/5b80d75a2404455b589f7ac3b76c08e4--battle-belt-kydex-holster.jpg

Thanks!

ETA: While we're at it, I need a pair of knee pads for class next month. I need them to work, but I will rarely wear them.
View Quote

The company that used to build that is Scorpious tactical.  I don't believe they are making it anymore.  I have been unable to find a kydex setup like that either only singles.  

I've got a single from Fury Concealment that I use with one or two pistol mag pouches for running drills and what not.  

I know Fury Concealment has a setup called the Gunfighter that is a double AR and Double pistol mag carrier.  If you contact them they might be able to sell you just the double rifle mag carrier.  

It's at the very bottom right of this webpage.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
A friend of mine in KY makes Kydex holsters. He should be able to make you something similar. PM me if you want his contact info.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks all.

I'll pick up the knee pads...Arc.

Scorpius may fit the bill:

Eta: Hybrid kydex
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
If its for a belt get the shorty esstacs
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:17:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Can confirm, Esstacs are GTG.  I actually prefer their hybrid design over an all-kydex pouch.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Go with hybrid kydex or all kydex. Floppy nylon pouches suck if your instructor calls out mag changes with retention.  Volleyball knee pads under your pants will work ok too if you don't want to be full ninja. I brought some, then realized the whole range is grass. Have fun and dryfire 50 mag changes at home before class.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Gundoholsters.com should have what you need. I've ordered from them a few times.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Otg makes some kydex pouches. I prefer esstac myself.

Arcterx makes some awesome knee pads.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys. Still haven't added the double, but will. I have both, a lvl 4 carrier with shingles and a simple chest rig.

July in FL is steering me away from the plates. I need to work in them, but don't want to burn my day because of conditioning.

Let me bend your ear on designing the class. 2 students - we have the instructor for the day. Not resolved on what mix we want yet.

He is skilled in battlefield medicine, pistol & carbine. Brother has worked with him before, but I haven't.  Brother and I have done a lot of "self training" via Art of the Carbine drills, etc., but have only taken a couple classes together.

I also need more failure drills. Transition from long to side guns, etc. We will be working on 300 yards or less, with majority being 100 or less. We are proficient and shoot often, but feel free to weigh in on our day.

I will take an N4 with Aimpoint, a middy (a2 stock) with a 1x4 Meopta K dot and a suppressed 10.5 w/ Aimpoint. All have BUIS. All .556. Handguns will be light-equipped g17s with lip balm on the lens .

Thanks again for the comments!
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me bend your ear on designing the class. 2 students - we have the instructor for the day. Not resolved on what mix we want yet.

He is skilled in battlefield medicine, pistol & carbine. Brother has worked with him before, but I haven't.  Brother and I have done a lot of "self training" via Art of the Carbine drills, etc., but have only taken a couple classes together.

I also need more failure drills. Transition from long to side guns, etc. We will be working on 300 yards or less, with majority being 100 or less. We are proficient and shoot often, but feel free to weigh in on our day.
View Quote
Use him to help work on things that suck. Stuff you hate to do on your own because you aren't good at it and it doesn't feel good.

For me that would be use of cover in awkward positions, especially rollover prone and junkyard prone. People practice square range stuff too much and never train past returning fire to the point of moving to cover and continuing to engage.

You'll probably get better tips if you post a new thread in the Tactical Carbine Training forum though: https://www.ar15.com/forums/f_9/5_Tactical-Rifle-Training.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top