Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2017 8:33:47 AM EDT
Just your average Joe weekend shooter looking for a belt system I can easily put on over my existing belt for practice at the range.

I have a condor padded war belt that's OK but its super low quality I had to cut it to fit my holster.

I don't need a full on war belt just looking to carry 2 pistol mags 2 rifle mags and my holster.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#1]
What belt do you EDC with?

Just add a few extra mag pouches to that.

I like warbelts but I primarily shoot with my carry gear but I will add a few extra kydex pouches so I can stay at the line longer to focus on shooting.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Edc belt is a wilderness tactical instructors belt.  Awesome belt I had thought if getting some hsgi taco belt pouches but just thought it would be easier to have everything set up on a separate system to put on at the range
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like warbelts but I primarily shoot with my carry gear but I will add a few extra kydex pouches so I can stay at the line longer to focus on shooting.
View Quote
I am inclined to go the simple direction, but there are other options.

Police duty belt rigs
Mag pouches mounted with a paddle, especially with the Safariland QLS
Sub loads... Usually the least good situation

I have tried these at various points. Just MOLLE-ing or using a tech lok connector seem to work best on the daily carry belt.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a USMC padded molle belt.. They are cheap and work great. They also come with Y suspenders.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a duty belt with (from left to right) KYWI triple pistol pouch, Raven concealment 5 finger subload moduloader with an HSGI Bleeder and rifle KYWI, maxpediton roly poly dump pouch and safariland ALS holster for my M&P. I wear it over a mean gene leather belt and attach it with belt keepers. I think it's a decent setup without overdoing it. I do all of my shooting on private land so I just toss that on and go shoot, it has everything I need.

ETA: I just noticed low cost in the title, I pieced mine together over a couple years while in college. You could use more budget friendly pouches if you wanted to save. I started with bladetech and condor pouches and upgraded  as I could afford, but am still using the condor duty belt. It has held up pretty well given the amount of use.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:46:58 AM EDT
[#6]
If you don't mind adding pouches,

Heavy-Duty 1.75" belt

They also make it in 1.5" widths and 1 or 2 layers of webbing. Excellent for carrying a weapon and reloads if you don't need the molle, or use it as the primary belt for your molle wrap. Better yet, look at

MORE OPTIONS
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get a USMC padded molle belt.. They are cheap and work great. They also come with Y suspenders.
View Quote
I bought an Eagle Industries Operator belt for about the same money off Ebay.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:13:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dumb question, but how?  Bought the Eagle Industries belt when it was on sale for dirt cheap last year, and couldn't figure out how to attach the suspenders.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Blue Force Gear has some belt systems on closeout right now. That's what I'd buy if I didn't already have one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll second this.  I only tried 2 full on molle war belts back in the day and ultimately I didn't like them. I started just putting pouches on my regular EDC belt (Volund Gearworks) and found that I don't need much more. It's not that hard to thread my belt through some loops at the range.  Plus it lets me change what I'm carrying depending on the need. Shotgun gear? 556 rifle gear? 308 rifle gear? Pistol only? Combinations of all the above.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I'll be doing the EDC belt more

I have a Molle Belt loaded up with enough crap to spend a few days in the woods.

Come to think of it, It may come in handy if I need to spend the night out there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top