Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2017 8:03:21 PM EDT
I am hoping to take advantage of the sales this weekend to grab a carrier and plates. I know they're quite different, but I'm considering the Crye JPC and the Mayflower APC. The Mayflower is a bit cheaper this weekend. Still not sure which I'm going to go with, bit leaning toward APC for price.

I'm 6'2, ~175#, 41" chest and 33" waist. I think I need large SAPI plates for my dimensions (I only have a 34" inseam, long torso). The Mayflower S/M will fit large SAPI plates, I've read, and the JPC sizes correspond to the plate size, so I would get a large JPC, correct?

Do I have my info straight? Are there any other deals out there I should be paying attention to? Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sizing seems correct to me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems about right. I'm 5'10" 205lbs and 32 inch waist, don't know my chest size, but large cotton T-shirts are typically tight on me.

I've got a Medium SCARAB LT from VS, and it has 10x12 multicurve plates from Highcom. It just barely covers my nipples and covers my diaphragm, which is what I prefer. 
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:34:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Both systems are great, I have a JPC and an APC. However the APC is sized for plates like the JPC. The SM will fit the small and medium SAPIs the large will not fit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both systems are great, I have a JPC and an APC. However the APC is sized for plates like the JPC. The SM will fit the small and medium SAPIs the large will not fit.
View Quote
What I've read indicates that large will fit if they're standalone, but not if they're used in conjunction with soft armor. It's a tight fit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I just tried to stuff an ESAPI size L, it did not fit. The old SAPI almost fit, but the black SAPIs need soft armor and it would not have fit with that. Getting plate bags actually sized for the plates your using is better than Jerry rigging.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are getting stand alone plates get the JPC in Large. It will fit the plate better than the APC and weigh 1 pound less. The APC will integrate better with the newer First Spear tubes overlapping retro cummerbund if you are going that route eventually, or if you are going to run soft side armor, you should be getting the retro cummerbund on the JPC, but the old style that fit the JPC is out of production, so APC is better for that, as the weight difference in a JPC with retro cummerbund and JPC with retro cummerbund is reduced.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are getting stand alone plates get the JPC in Large. It will fit the plate better than the APC and weigh 1 pound less. The APC will integrate better with the newer First Spear tubes overlapping retro cummerbund if you are going that route eventually, or if you are going to run soft side armor, you should be getting the retro cummerbund on the JPC, but the old style that fit the JPC is out of production, so APC is better for that, as the weight difference in a JPC with retro cummerbund and JPC with retro cummerbund is reduced.
View Quote
I love my FS cummerbund, but I will say that I wish there was a smaller size available. Even with trauma pads the cummerbund is a little too large and I have to put the tubes underneath my D3CR.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I've put large sapi cuts in a s/m APC. Thy work fine, however, the bottom corners of the plates are exposed a bit so not a perfect fit.  The APC is a good product, but as Sawlaw stated, I also prefer plate bags cut to size. Especially if you have thinner plates like velocity BZ there is less play in the plate bag.

ETA Without knowing the specific mission you have for this carrier, I would also suggest the Ferro Concepts Slickster. It is a quite a bit lower profile and can be worn under a light jacket or button down if needed. The elastic cummerbund is pretty slick, it allows you to carry a mag or two and TQ on the side without printing much. Also, it is easy to scale up with placards and different cummerbunds if you have more gear. Most of the time, less is more but you know your mission.

ETA 2 If you want something more full featured that's very high quality but more affordable check out the ATS Aegis. Great company and great carrier. It is cut to exact plate size also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top