Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2017 11:08:37 PM EDT
So, I'm making a battle belt setup, and I'm debating a holster change.  I'm a plain clothes LEO, who currently uses a Safariland 7TS system for my G17.  All is duty issue, so I have no choice.  This battle belt will be used for training classes and range use for the most part.

I'm looking for an in-stock holster that has MOLLE based connections.  Having the ability to swap from one holster to the other quickly/inexpensively is a plus.  The other handgun I use is a 1911, so I'll want to pick up a different holster soon as well.

I've looked at the T-Rex Arms Ragnarok, but he's out of stock and no telling when he'll get more made.  What does the hive-mind suggest?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't already have the belt, I'd say get one with slots and use a midride or singleband holster that is compatible Safariland QLS so you can swap holsters. I just got the DFA and I like it. Low enough to clear my gear and high enough I don't have to tilt my shoulders.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
G code makes a molle adapter
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you don't already have the belt, I'd say get one with slots and use a midride or singleband holster that is compatible Safariland QLS so you can swap holsters. I just got the DFA and I like it. Low enough to clear my gear and high enough I don't have to tilt my shoulders.
View Quote
Safariland ALS on a QLS with a standoff spacer? If you are wearing a warbelt, having something similar to the daily duty belt is an easy solution.

I will say the Safariland MOLLE fork has never been secure on my Tac Tailor warbelt. I had to add some Velcro to additionally secure the standard Safariland fork.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Safariland ALS on a QLS with a standoff spacer? If you are wearing a warbelt, having something similar to the daily duty belt is an easy solution.

I will say the Safariland MOLLE fork has never been secure on my Tac Tailor warbelt. I had to add some Velcro to additionally secure the standard Safariland fork.
View Quote
That's what I ended up doing...I thought about it some more and commonality between gear was something that would be really good.  I bought an ALS like I carry on duty with the MOLLE fork...I'm going ziptie it for some more security though.  I'm going to pick up a QLS system and get a 1911 holster sometime soon.  I prefer my Glock so I carry that more often.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't mount a holster to Molle - it'll never be as rigid as you want.
Safariland MLS or QLS, with an appropriate mount for your belt, is the way to go.
Swap out pistol-specific holster but keep the rest of the belt the same. It's great.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:46:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know that I'll be able to get the QLS system I need in before the weekend.  I would need to have it all by then so I could utilize it for a training class.  I plan on putting the correct system on, but I'll make do for this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I LOVE my KT Mech holsters, and they sell their Flexmount MOLLE attachment system that works with Defender series of flashlight compatible holsters.

ETA: Their normal timeframe is 2 weeks, but they do offer a rush service for a reasonable fee. My last order with them was placed April 10, and it shipped on the 24th.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top