Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2017 4:46:49 PM EDT
So what's a good choice these days?  I've got a set of Medium BALCS soft armor I had forgotten about that need a carrier.

I once upon a time had a CIRAS, and I know they're back on the market fairly cheap.  While not bad there were some things I was meh about it.  Any other good options out there both for releasable and non-releasable carriers?  
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
For the best price, the BAE/SDS RBAV can be found for cheap on Ebay. It was designed by the same guy who designed the CIRAS and it's considered an improved CIRAS. Otherwise, First Spear has some super gucci options as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For the best price, the BAE/SDS RBAV can be found for cheap on Ebay. It was designed by the same guy who designed the CIRAS and it's considered an improved CIRAS. Otherwise, First Spear has some super gucci options as well.
View Quote
Yea, First Spear or Velocity are your "better" options, but its pretty hard to beat the price / performance combo offered by the BAE surplus rigs you see on ebay.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
TAG Rampage is the bees knees if you want to run slick. I had mine modded with swift clips and some velcro to take placards
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got several new old stock Diamond Back Tactical RCBV carriers I need to put on the WE it one would work for you.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Velocity Systems Operators Assualt Vest.  It is badass and very well made.

What you have to ask yourself is "Do I need a quick detach vest?" or not.   I don't do any gun classes near water, so I don't need a vest that can come off with a pull of a cable.   If you do need that, than the Velocity vest isn't the way to go.  But if you don't need a quick detach vest, you have so many great options and little risk of the vest coming apart.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a Velocity Systems Operators Assualt Vest.  It is badass and very well made.

What you have to ask yourself is "Do I need a quick detach vest?" or not.   I don't do any gun classes near water, so I don't need a vest that can come off with a pull of a cable.   If you do need that, than the Velocity vest isn't the way to go.  But if you don't need a quick detach vest, you have so many great options and little risk of the vest coming apart.
View Quote
a big +1 on the OAV if you need CIRAS armor.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is not the only reason for a QD carrier. QD allows faster removal for treatment of penetrating wounds. Of course if the cummerbund is QD you can QD the shoulder with EMT shears as well. My QD is a First Spear cummerbund and EMT shears. That is not good enough for water, where the shears could get lost, but it is good enough to get the armor off to treat a wound as fast as possible. Only 2-3 seconds slower than a true single pull QD system or 1-2 seconds slower than a two stage system like the JPC 2.0 or First Spear Strandhogg.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll have to check evilbay. I don't really feel like shelling out a ton of cash for this since it's a personal setup. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top