Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2017 8:39:43 PM EDT
I want something to hold a camelbak or similar water bladder that's integrated to my plate carrier.

I'd like it to lay flat when there isn't a hydration bladder in it.  In multicam or coyote tan.  Cheaper is better, its not a very complex piece of gear.

The only unknown I have is what size.  Does having a full 3L pouch that hangs over the edge of the carrier inconvenient?  My issued bladder is taller than my PC.  If it is inconvenient, who makes a PC sized pouch for a decent price?

If over hang isn't an issue, who makes a cheap pouch that will hold a 3L bladder?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You want 2L, not 3L. Don't fill it full if you are going to sit in a chair much (driving, riding as passenger in motor vehicle, etc.). I have an Emdom vehicle hydration carrier, but I got it because it can hold breaching tools with 1000D construction without blowing out, it's not cheap and twice the weight of a simple hydration on carrier.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the GGG 2L one with a source hydration bladder. I got three of them with the bladders off amazon. It's lightweight, goes flat, and the bladder opens at the top easily and I can clean it no problem.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I just put a 1l GI canteen at 2:00 O'Clock on my plate carrier.  It was cheap, I can reach it easily, it keeps stuff off my back so I can sit, and is a nice elbow rest for shooting off-hand.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:54:46 AM EDT
[#4]

I got a 1.5 liter Tyr Tactical hydro pouch on the back of my carrier.  They make me bigger but I needed lightweight.  The design is super low profile and it fits a source bladder fine.  When it's empty I can wear a small pack with no problem.  It was cheap but took a couple weeks to arrive, which wasn't a problem for me.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:20:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got a 1.5 liter Tyr Tactical hydro pouch on the back of my carrier.  They make me bigger but I needed lightweight.  The design is super low profile and it fits a source bladder fine.  When it's empty I can wear a small pack with no problem.  It was cheap but took a couple weeks to arrive, which wasn't a problem for me.
View Quote
I like this one, and the price isn't insane.

For now I rigged up my Camelbak MULE with grim-locs but I'll drop the money on this soon.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:48:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice n slick
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want 2L, not 3L. Don't fill it full if you are going to sit in a chair much (driving, riding as passenger in motor vehicle, etc.). I have an Emdom vehicle hydration carrier, but I got it because it can hold breaching tools with 1000D construction without blowing out, it's not cheap and twice the weight of a simple hydration on carrier.
View Quote
@DevL,

How do you hang the breaching tools on it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I use a SKD PIG gRUNT.
Holds a 2L hyda and other assorted crap (it's where I put stuff that other people can dig out for me, like "boo-boo" medical items, spare spare magazines and snacks).
It collapses very flat when not being used.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top