Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2017 12:32:21 PM EDT
Anybody have any experience with the Beez IOTV LBAV?

Beeze Combat Systems BCS-IOTV-LBAV

I've kicked around the idea once in a while of getting a low profile vest, though I don't necessarily have a huge need for one at the moment--but I do have an IOTV sitting around gathering dust, and I'm wondering if it might be worth picking one of these up to see if I can actually get some use out of the ginormous IOTV soft inserts, cost is not so bad.

Anyone ever actually used one of these?  Are they pretty thin and low profile? (notwithstanding the native thickness and bulk of the IOTV inserts)

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

I like BCS. This is my 4th rig from them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The IOTV is issued, so dying it not really an option, as conceivably someone might ask for it back one day.  

I'm not so much looking for a way to "make the IOTV work," as I typically use other carriers, I just figured I have a lot of soft armor sitting in storage unused, and perhaps it might be worthwhile to try to re-purpose it as a low-profile soft vest.  

To that end, I'm not really looking for information about Beez's quality, so much as seeing if anyone has tried re-purposing the IOTV inserts into a low-profile setup and what they thought about the option.  

As I mentioned, I don't really necessarily have a "need" for a low profile carrier, but again, my IOTV's not really doing me any good as it stands, so I figured it might be worth exploring.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
I'm very happy with this unit. My only complaint is they should start the velcro higher up inside the carrier for the flaps that retain the plates. the edges like to fold up and the velcro pokes you and gets to be annoying :O
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
The IOTV inserts are huge, even bigger than BALCS, and the soft armor used with it is thicker than a Dyneema or other PE based panels you'd buy today. While you can use a concealable armor carrier to make it into a covert vest the way the panels are designed does not lend itself to that easily and mobility is compromised. I'm kind of a prepper, so I have backup junk rigs for neighbors with plates and pouches I've bought and then decided I didn't like. It can be something to put on a friend that wants to get into the more tactical shooting, too. It makes someone not used to plate carriers and tactical gear feel pretty bad ass if you put them in "military grade" gear.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know about this particular product but I have a custom carrier from Beez and BCS is two thumbs up in my book.   if I ever need another carrier or armor related product BCS is the first place I'll be looking.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm very happy with this unit. My only complaint is they should start the velcro higher up inside the carrier for the flaps that retain the plates. the edges like to fold up and the velcro pokes you and gets to be annoying :O
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That's annoying. I haven't noticed that. I run 5+/- at a shot so maybe it's just a difference in body type.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The IOTV inserts are huge, even bigger than BALCS, and the soft armor used with it is thicker than a Dyneema or other PE based panels you'd buy today. While you can use a concealable armor carrier to make it into a covert vest the way the panels are designed does not lend itself to that easily and mobility is compromised. I'm kind of a prepper, so I have backup junk rigs for neighbors with plates and pouches I've bought and then decided I didn't like. It can be something to put on a friend that wants to get into the more tactical shooting, too. It makes someone not used to plate carriers and tactical gear feel pretty bad ass if you put them in "military grade" gear.
View Quote
I would tend to agree. The armor itself is bulky. One of the carriers I have from them is their nij carrier. I got it to hold a concealable vest a retired cop gave me. Just a few extra layers and this vest isn't concealable anymore. It's actually bulkier than the plate carrier I posted above.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Beez PC I bought years ago. Not what you are looking at but mine is still going strong today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top