Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2017 9:48:31 PM EDT
Does anyone know about the Aqua Lung Military Bump Helmet Model: 76949x

Is this actually legit or is this airsoft?

It doesn't look like other diving helmet's I've seen but I can't tell if this is airsoft quality....
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 3:06:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone know about the Aqua Lung Military Bump Helmet Model: 76949x

Is this actually legit or is this airsoft?

It doesn't look like other diving helmet's I've seen but I can't tell if this is airsoft quality....
View Quote

I don't know about that helmet, but I have some of aqualung's scuba gear. I like their fins. Seems to be a good company though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow that was interesting. Based on the price point I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's a copy of the Ops Core design.  Based on the price, I'm also gonna say that may be a cheap way to get a shell and hope all the good stuff fits it.  But based on what I've seen, I'll bet your mount won't fit in the shroud for one thing.  It's just the look of a mil-spec helmet made as a bump helmet for a diver.  I mean it's a plastic safety helmet with some style points.  There won't be any padding cuz they're wearing it over a full-face mask, under water even. The suspension is probably suspect.  By the time you outfit it with all the right details, you might as well buy the OpsCore.

But look for this to show up in the next GI Joe/Cobra movie or whatever.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
The fact that he calls the NVG mount a "camera mount" seems like a good indication that the target market is airsofters with gopros.

ETA: Also, it's a "one size" thing is disturbing. I've never heard of a real "protect your head" helmet, even $30 skate helmets, that don't come in multiple sizes. On the other hand, most airsoft helmets, and I'm an airsofter, are sold as "one size".

That could very easily be from the same factory as .
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The fact that he calls the NVG mount a "camera mount" seems like a good indication that the target market is airsofters with gopros.

ETA: Also, it's a "one size" thing is disturbing. I've never heard of a real "protect your head" helmet, even $30 skate helmets, that don't come in multiple sizes. On the other hand, most airsoft helmets, and I'm an airsofter, are sold as "one size".

That could very easily be from the same factory as http://www.evike.com/products/53579/.
View Quote
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

This may protect against minor scrapes but I have serious doubts for anything beyond....
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:38:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Aqua Lung makes SCUBA gear.  The bump helmet is probably for SCUBA divers that frequent shipwrecks, caves, and other places where one may "bump" their head.  The camera mount up front is probably that, because divers like to record their dives.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Aqua Lung makes SCUBA gear.  The bump helmet is probably for SCUBA divers that frequent shipwrecks, caves, and other places where one may "bump" their head.  The camera mount up front is probably that, because divers like to record their dives.
View Quote
Welcome to arfcom.

Seriously though, look at that helmet. It's a complete knock-off of an Ops-Core Fast bump helmet, including the exact same styling on the vent cuts, rails, NVG mount, etc.., at half the price and with no sizing information.

It's a knock off. Probably made in China or Taiwan based on pictures someone found on the internet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top