Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2017 10:57:44 AM EDT
Was it great before?  I don't know

I've taken my second class with this:

Battle Belt 2.0 by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

There are two things I'd like to address:  The bounciness in the belt and the conflict with the pant belt.

An advantage I see with this sort of belt is that you can just throw it over whatever you have on, like when you have a hip length winter/rain jacket.

An advantage I see with two-piece belts is the stiffness and stay-in-one-place nature of the hook and loop setup.

I have this USMC padded belt relatively tight, not overly so.  If I tighten up my pant belt to where it no longer rides underneath or bunches up under the battle belt it's just way too tight

There is no meaningful stiffener in the USMC belt, only enough to give it shape but not actual support.

I'm open to a new belt.    

So .............. what do you think?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Coming from someone who is issued that same belt I can tell you that a two piece belt is night and day better than the one you have been using. However are you willing to invest in a bunch of new pouches? The belts like the Ronin tactics come with molle but that doesn't mean they work with all molle products. I have seen belts like the one you have but use a inner Velcro belt. That may be the best of both worlds unless you are willing to get new pouches.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking at the two HSGI offerings (which require an inner belt) and I'm intrigued.

But, yes, I do wonder how my current pouches will do, in the case of HSGI, with their two-row Slim-Grip belt.

If that belt had a slim-upper row, a middle gap, and a slim-lower row (like a Ronin belt) I think the Slim-Grip would be perfect.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]
My Ronin belt holds on to things pretty well with the exception of things that require more molle. Then the pouch it self flexes and moves around. Specifically my ifak.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's what I'm thinking:

HSGI Cobra riggers 1.75 w D-ring and inside velcro
HSGI Micro Grip belt panel
Esstac 1.75 kywi belt loops
GCA90 RTI holster belt mount
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
DSG competition belt. It's not the end-all be-all solution, but it works, shit stays put, and it doesn't flop around.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DSG competition belt. It's not the end-all be-all solution, but it works, shit stays put, and it doesn't flop around.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/122546/20170420-090020-191406.JPG
View Quote
This right here...After many configurations I keep coming back to this...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top