Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2017 1:23:48 PM EDT
I live in the PNW. It drizzles for 9 months per year. I'd like to get a map case that I can either keep in my pack or shove in my APC kangaroo pouch. Any suggestions for durable and truly waterproof map cases?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Check camping and motorcycling sites. You'll find various options on both.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Look into getting some peel n stick laminate for small to medium maps. Or check out some specific custom map makers for a map printed on tyvek. I've done the freezer bags and always had good success. When mounted on a vehicle I use a map board. Thin plexiglass cut to size and sandwiche a map between held in place with binder clips. Stays 90% dry. You can cover the edges of each side and it seals it well when bound together.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look into getting some peel n stick laminate for small to medium maps. [...] I've done the freezer bags and always had good success. When mounted on a vehicle I use a map board. Thin plexiglass cut to size and sandwiche a map between held in place with binder clips. Stays 90% dry. You can cover the edges of each side and it seals it well when bound together.
View Quote
I've done all of the above with success. Although, here's something a little different. Battleboard
My current job in the Army has me playing with electrons more than maps now, so I can't justify the cash, or offer any personal reviews.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Sealine map cases for kayaking. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I know you asked about map cases, I just order custom water proof maps of my AO

http://www.mytopo.com/

very high quality, you can do different map ratios/ combine different usgs maps to center wherever you want, different paper sizes, water proof, topo/aerial/satellite

very affordable. I have one for my home AO and for the mountains where we have our acreage.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for posting that, that's really useful info. When I was a grunt they gave us maps, but I've never really looked for good sources of topo maps outside the mil. I appreciate it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top