Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I run Medium Esapi plates in my Daeodon but can also  run larges. I prefer Medium.

Like Stu said above, keepers are not needed. I have been running this thing non stop over the last 6 months and I have had zero issues with belt and liner. I run 3 pistol and double stack kywi rifle.
Cp
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Esstac is the cat's ass, and I love Stu. No homo....okay, a little homo.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I am sure he will love to hear that!
Cp
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought an Esstac belt and KYWI setup based largely on the information in this thread.

I have to thank all the contributors, because this thing is awesome. Currently running the 1.75" with a double KYWI pistol and two single AR shortys. Safariland ALS w/ mid ride UBL on the other side. Anybody happen to have a dimension on the QLS as to how far it sits away from the body? Looks like an additional 1/4" at least. I wonder if it would be almost as easy to just swap the three bolts at the UBL when swapping platforms.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
In believe it's about 1/2" out but that really depends on where you measure from. I never had an issue with it sitting to far away from my hip. Non issue for me. However I have been really digging the safariland belt clip on mine. It is indeed a slimmer profile but easy in /off for a belt.

Cp
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a mag pouch for my wife.  She'll be the guinnea pig.  I have a Daedon already that I need to outfit.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a mag pouch for my wife.  She'll be the guinea pig.  I have a Daedon already that I need to outfit.
View Quote
We don't do "guinea pigs" we do "Guinea BOARS" here brother!

I have been a Guinea BOAR for about 12 years????
My first BOAR circa 2005ish  (and no thats not a mohawk on my head, it is classic K-Pot Head )

cp
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
HAd a request to post a few more pics of the Daeodon from another Thread.
Keep in mind these were from a Prototype but it was like a 98% done, so only some subtle changes after these pics.
Enjoy!

cp
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered a Daeodon thanks to this thread.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well done, We expect to see photos when it arrives!
cp
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
cp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cp
Will do! I'm looking at putting a Hesco SAPI plate in the back and Shooter's Cut plate in the front.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#13]
wish SKD would carry the belt so I can take advantage of their sales.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Is the shooters belt adjustable? On the site it says "nonadjustable cobra buckle"

Just wondering how the sizing works if that is the case since they come in size ranges
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been in the market for a shooter/battle belt.  This might fit the bill.
View Quote
I agree with OP's assessment that the 2nd belt is superior to the padded belt liner thingy.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So I got in some of the ESSTAC Injected mold Belt loops yesterday. They are very nice.
Side view show the top of the loop that is positioned at top of mag pouch. The little tab on the inside keeps the loop from sliding up and locks the whole loop in place.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/IMG_0007_zpsjq32ilsy.jpg

The below pic shows one installed and one partially installed and lined up to push into place.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/IMG_0009_zpslxwmr4tu.jpg

Last pic shows the installed and on the belt loops, Injection mold on right and "Printed" on the left.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/eaglecp/ESSTAC/IMG_0011_zps1b6k8jku.jpg

Strength wise I dont see a difference.
These are nice. They will also work on Taco's!
chuck
View Quote
Clips look great.    to be perfect, they need lil rectangular indents with velcro on both sides.   Loop on the inside to lock it to the belt and hook on on the outside to lock it to the users inner belt.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Clips look great.    to be perfect, they need lil rectangular indents with velcro on both sides.   Loop on the inside to lock it to the belt and hook on on the outside to lock it to the users inner belt.
View Quote
On the side for the inner belt it is not needed so much if your running one or two pouches, more then that its a must I think.  How I run mine.

Between the belt and pouch, with the older style loops I ran it that way but on the injection molded loops with our belt it is not needed.  Pouches stay in place and dont shift even when the belt is not worn, obviously a thinner belt inner velcro would be a must.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They don't separate when drawing your pistol. At least mine doesn't.  They do have a couple belt keepers that you put on the outER belt near the cobra buckle, and you can buy more, but looping things around both inner and outer kinda ruins the point of having an outer that can easily go on and off.  

Unless I missed your point.
View Quote
@click2boom nah, you understood me correctly. My current belt is Velcro inner and Velcro outer, but I also use 4 belt keepers as a redundancy feature I guess. I one in front and one behind my pistol holster and the same around my taser. The Velcro does keep both belts together nicely but I like that added stability/peace of mind when drawing a weapon that the Velcro won't separate.

As far as easy off and on its not much added time or effort to snap on or unsnap 4 belt keepers but again it's just my personal preference.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't even use the belt keepers on the esstac, fwiw.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't even use the belt keepers on the esstac, fwiw.
View Quote
Ditto!

I have been running mine hard for some time now and have never had an issue of shifting pouches or belts separating, not even wet. I prefer the easy "don"/"doff" of the system and running keepers would defeat the purpose. To each their own, I guess but I just cannot even think of a scenario where keepers would do any good with this setup.

cp
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 12:35:05 AM EDT
[#22]
On the outer belt does the velcro on the inside that mates to the inner belt go all the way around to the buckle? My biggest complaint on the other belts I've use is the velcro stops too short and the front sags a bit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#23]
I thought I was done buying stuff.  OP you just cost me money.  I have a Daeodon light and a shooters belt on order now.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 9:30:13 AM EDT
[#24]
sycotik1
Sorry Brother But it is money well spent!

mikf44
As to the velcro on the outer belt. Is does reach further around than most other belts out there however the issue with running it all the way forward is that it would limit adjustment of the belt. There is always a need to adust these belts based on users clothing choices, hot weather or cold weather, etc. This thing is a breeze.
Personally on this belt I have never had an issue at the buckle area.

cp
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Stu May get angry with me....

Tune in for pics of my LBB and Daeodon “Hybrid”

Cp

Edit: Sorry havent had the time to play in a while. Will get these up soon!
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#26]
While I simply adore my ESSTAC Shooters belt. ESSTAC THREAD

There are times when a Heavier padded belt is necessary.
BAE USMC Issue Padded Belt and Dumper. BFG BooBoo
and the rest is ESSTAC DOMINANCE
ESSTAC Triple Pistol Gapper (Small gaps to space pistol mags)
ESSTAC Double M4 (Stacked)
ESSTAC Horizontal Med/Utility.

cp
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top