Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2017 8:33:45 AM EDT
I hope this is an appropriate thread. Didn't know where else to put it.

I purchased a tactical pen from Freedom Munitions for about $15. Wanted something to carry where knives and firearms aren't allowed plus I thought having a glass breaker would be a good idea. It looked like an unbranded version of one of the UZI tactical pen.

I didn't want to carry something around without having some confidence it would work. I took a few strikes at an beer bottle out by the dumpster. Took me 3-5 before the bottle (and the pen) broke. The glass breaking tip was very badly deformed and the brass inside the pen holding the top and bottom together broke so the pen doesn't stay together now.

You get what you pay for and I wouldn't recommend this pen. I wanted to put this out somewhere. I posted a review on Freedom Munition's website but I don't think it will make it past the moderator.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Now think about this for a minute. You took an $8 pen to a beer bottle and your upset it's broken.

It's got a sharp pointed end, that can break glass. And you proved it.  I'm sure it's intended to break auto glass, non laminated side glass, which until recently was the standard for automotive side glass.

A beer bottle is a much tougher item, in comparison.

I fail to see what your upset about. It worked as advertised.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:12:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I carry a bic. Its kind of stabby, cost me free and it writes.

Let this be a lesson Op, tactical pens are good for one thing, taking your money.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
You're not supposed to use them against hard things, the pointy end is for prodding soft spots and pressure points in a self defense situation. Things like the neck or inside of the elbow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top