Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2017 9:09:13 PM EDT
currently have a safariland 7390 ALS holster for my g19 + x300u.

Got a g19 MOS coming in that im going to put a rmr onto.

is it possible to mod the 7390  with the ALS system to accept the rmr or does the system get in the way?

if so, does anyone know of any holsters that will fit on the safariland mid ride UBL or has their own version of a mid ride that can fit a g19 with rmr and x300u?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered a guncraft drop holster. Might be worth a look it will work with everything you want it to work with. You wont get the secondary retention of the ALS though, don't know if that's a deal breaker or not.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just ordered a guncraft drop holster. Might be worth a look it will work with everything you want it to work with. You wont get the secondary retention of the ALS though, don't know if that's a deal breaker or not.
View Quote
not a deal breaker, ill check it out, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
6354do is probably what you seek, just unscrew other holster from mid ride and put this on, or go to qls system. I'd also recommend the nub mod.

ive got one for my threaded barrel 19 with unity and rmr, great holster and I really like 6378 (which basically this is).

https://holsterops.com/collections/holsters/products/safariland-6354do-als-optic-holster-for-glock-17-22-w-light-rmr-on-qls-19-holster-fork

https://www.otdefense.com/nub-mod-for-als.html
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
6354do is probably what you seek, just unscrew other holster from mid ride and put this on, or go to qls system. I'd also recommend the nub mod.

ive got one for my threaded barrel 19 with unity and rmr, great holster and I really like 6378 (which basically this is).

https://holsterops.com/collections/holsters/products/safariland-6354do-als-optic-holster-for-glock-17-22-w-light-rmr-on-qls-19-holster-fork

https://www.otdefense.com/nub-mod-for-als.html
View Quote
thanks for the links.

do you know if the 6354do will clear suppressor height sights as well?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Built for it! I have an x300v in there with a unity atom slide with really high sights. I had to clearance the als locking piece with a dremel because the sight on the atom is in front of the rmr, and huge, like 1/2" or more wide. I don't think you'll have any problems with it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Built for it! I have an x300v in there with a unity atom slide with really high sights. I had to clearance the als locking piece with a dremel because the sight on the atom is in front of the rmr, and huge, like 1/2" or more wide. I don't think you'll have any problems with it.
View Quote
one last question,

to make it work with a g19 if buying the g17 version of the holster, will i need a threaded barrel? cant find a g19 version in stock atm.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Works fine with a 19 regular barrel, without optic as well, I have another glock without the rmr.

if you see one 19 specific on a website, notice the model numbers, they are the same as the 17 one, I noticed that when I was looking for a holster. 

ETA: I guess they released a different model number for the 19, when I was looking it was all the same

There is a long post inside that captures the barrel when holstered. I got mine from holster ops above, you could always call to double check on the MOS with rmr.

One other option if you have time to wait is the new surefire holster that uses the light and allows you to keep a suppressor threaded on. But no eta on release and you have to have one of 3 or 4 specific lights.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#8]
If you're right handed and not picky about color, I'd just buy this:

COY DO6354 G17/22 Modified for RMR on the EE @rglrguy

Price is not bad, and it sounds like it's already been modified for a configuration that would work for you.  The MOS mounts the RDS further back than standard milled slides like the Suarez that put the RMR ahead of the rear sights, and the 6354DO is designed for a Docter mounted on a dovetail mount (no slide milling), so you should have plenty of room with the MOS in this holster.  

As others have mentioned, the 6354DO will retain pistols shorter than they were designed for without issue, as the ALS locks into the ejection port, and should function with suppressor height sights.  The "Roland Special" G19 with the KKM Comp is regularly used with the 6354DO designed for the G34/35, and I've used a G34 holster for a G22 with an OEM barrel without issue--you may need to crank down a little more on the retention screw, but that's about it.  

Just sell me the belt mount cheap if you get it, and we'll call it even.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Safariland will be releasing what you need shortly, they were previewed at SHOT. Should be on the site early April. If you don't require an ALS holster, T Rex Arms Ragnarok or Titan is the way to go. Titan Ragnarok
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Safariland will be releasing what you need shortly, they were previewed at SHOT. Should be on the site early April. If you don't require an ALS holster, T Rex Arms Ragnarok or Titan is the way to go. Titan Ragnarok
View Quote

Do you happen to know if the new holsters will be made from the safariseven material or is it their older thermomolded materials?  I'm a big fan of the new stuff.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Will the 6354DO work with a milled slide or only with a dovetail mount?

I'm sold on the 6354DO as holster, and plan to use a Glock 19 with X300U in a 17 version of the DO. Looking at adding an RMR, most likely RM06,
but debating using a Dueck instead of milling, only because I am worried about holster fit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Will the 6354DO work with a milled slide or only with a dovetail mount?

I'm sold on the 6354DO as holster, and plan to use a Glock 19 with X300U in a 17 version of the DO. Looking at adding an RMR, most likely RM06,
but debating using a Dueck instead of milling, only because I am worried about holster fit.
View Quote
The DO will work with some milled slides, and will work with modifications for others--there are several tutorials in various places on the internet on how to modify the DO to work with a milled RMR in front of the rear sights--AKA: the configuration that the "Roland Special" is supposed to be in, as it was "designed" to fit into a 6354DO made for the G34/35.  

See the link to the holster in the EE above which has one that's been modified to fit.  (I have no affiliation whatsoever with the seller)

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, Augee!

ETA: and I didn't need want to refer to mine as a Roland or even Fauxland, because I'm not getting any custom slidework or adding a comp.

Thanks, again!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:59:01 AM EDT
[#14]
If you are going to do it, do it right. 6354DO, yes, but don't get a crappy RMR, get a Deltapoint Pro. Mill a standard Glock or buy a milled slide. Use Trijicon suppressor sights... they are tallest and barely give cowitness, but totally usable. Then you only need minor heat to spread the rear hood so it does not taper inward. Possible light filing on the edge of the ALS if you get interference with rear iron in front of optic.

What do you get that's better?

No fun house glass distortion of an RMR.
Double the window area that maximizes the space in a 6354DO optic hood.
Smaller more precise dot.
WAY WAY less blue glass tint.
No need to remove optic to change battery.
Auto on/off.
Better adjustments, more durability, etc. etc.
No loss of window space due to rear sight behind optic blocking window area.

I would not put an RMR on any gun. It's a horrible optic. I have a friend with RMRs on guns and he also owns a DPP (triangle reticle on his) and he would replace all RMR with DPP if he had the money.

My 6354DO holsters  (I own 3) fit my 17 and 19 great... with or without lights or DPP.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top