Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 3:09:00 AM EDT
Let me know if this is possible.

I'm looking for a rig that can hold 4 flat 30rd magazines. Hoping theres room for at least 1 pistol mag on the side somewhere. Also a comfy and durable outfit.

This TAG rig is very close to what I want, except for those side pockets. If they were removable , no sweat.

https://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/gear/chest-rigs/phalanx-chest-rig-type-2-molle.html

Edit
how comfortable are inside mag pockets like this Essetac.
https://www.esstac.com/product-page/trimmed-bush

Add a double pistol mag on outside and looks perfect. Has my fav ranger green color too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Hsgi ao chest rig is a good, low profile one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
ATS Modular chest harness is what I went with.  

Holds 4 flat and is minimalist/modular so you add your own desired pouches.  

I like the double retention on the mag pouches too.  

Check it out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
How skinny?

I'm 5'11" 140ish and a Shellback banshee adjusts small enough for me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:20:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to make a bit of an odd suggestion and say try out a MOLLE FLC. 

They can be had in new condition for about $18 on Ebay, come in Woodland, Coyote Brown, ACU, and Three Color Desert camo, and they have MOLLE all over. Then you can just add whatever kind of pouches you want wherever you want them, no worrying about being stuck with one set up.

And theres TONS of adjustment on the vest. I'm about 5' 9", 130 pounds. Fits me great. Can even be thrown on over armor, thick winter clothes, whatever. Can't beat it for the price.

Old Tactical Gear thread about the vest.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How skinny?

View Quote
3" shorter.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#6]
UW gear.
I run a 4 cell 4 mag..with 2 rows on the ends.
Great gear..made by a fellow arfcom er.
I can't stand 6 mags deep across my chest.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm about 5'11" and 145lb.

I run a Tactical Tailor mini-mav with a x-harness. I'm running a TAG triple rifle/pistol shingle and it works great.

Fitment is perfect to allow drawing from a waist holster.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm 5'11" 165.. I have a TT Mav and use a 3 mag shingle...4....well I just don't have the acreage for them. I put one more  mag on my belt and one in the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the esstac Trim bush boar and I love it.

The inside mag pouches are just as comfortable as other chest rigs.  Having the webbing up front for other pouches is really nice and the KYWIs are the best mag retention method currently in production.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:20:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the esstac Trim bush boar and I love it.

The inside mag pouches are just as comfortable as other chest rigs.  Having the webbing up front for other pouches is really nice and the KYWIs are the best mag retention method currently in production.
View Quote
can you add more internal mag pouches on the inside? I'm almost sold on the Esstac. Will go with the A-1 variant if I do.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
can you add more internal mag pouches on the inside? I'm almost sold on the Esstac. Will go with the A-1 variant if I do.
View Quote
You can't stack mag pouches on the inside, if that's what you mean.  You could attach more mag pouches to the MOLLE webbing on the front though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
3" shorter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How skinny?

3" shorter.
I'm 5' 6.5" and was wearing my banshee with highcom 10x12 plates at 137lbs, currently 147lbs. I've also used a Tactical Tailor Mini Mav for a chest rig.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm 5' 6.5" and was wearing my banshee with highcom 10x12 plates at 137lbs, currently 147lbs. I've also used a Tactical Tailor Mini Mav for a chest rig.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was thinking of getting one of those for a full out plate gear, but I think it will be too big on me when it's all said and done.

Quoted:

You can't stack mag pouches on the inside, if that's what you mean.  You could attach more mag pouches to the MOLLE webbing on the front though.
What I mean is, can I put more pouches along the other pouches on the inside.  So instead of 4-"M4" magazines, I'll be able to add a 5th or 6.  Or in my case, pistol magazine pouch.  

How are the pouches connected on the inside of the rig?  Are they sewn in?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What I mean is, can I put more pouches along the other pouches on the inside.  So instead of 4-"M4" magazines, I'll be able to add a 5th or 6.  Or in my case, pistol magazine pouch.  

How are the pouches connected on the inside of the rig?  Are they sewn in?
View Quote
The mag pouch panel is one piece (2 pieces on the A1) that is attached to the chest rig by velcro.  You can't swap just one pouch, but you can swap out pouch panels.  It looks like they make glock mag sized panels, so you could run one panel of those and one panel of 5.56 mags.  This doesn't seem like a good option though.

You can always add pistol mag pouches to the front of the rig.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the Blue force gear ten speed, four mags in the front, three columns of MOLLE on each side. As a smaller guy, 5'9" 160 it has worked well for me to throw over my PC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top