Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2017 8:17:56 AM EDT
What are you guys using?? Post pics..........I have been checking out the Haley flat pack myself, would love to see what you guys are running.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
we are middle aged and out of shape. Put us in a plate carrier. Throw on a few mag pouchs. Some water.....And if we fall over we can't get up. A pack with any weight in it and we would be turtles on our backs.

......Now with that out of the way....I'm curious as well. I wonder if my Rush 24 would work with any plate carrier.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's my HSP Flatpack on a Mayflower APC.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's my HSP Flatpack on a Mayflower APC.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/437038/IMG-9188-165413.JPG
View Quote

Hmmm. Me like. Might have to FO on one. Question is what would I do with me camelback armorbak that currently resides on the back of my PC
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
My buddy has an Armorback. I like it.

Haley has a new Flatpack Plus coming out soon, from what I have heard.

And I have an Eagle MAP on my other PC, an RBAV. Those are very nice, as well.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Added pic.

Also ran an Eagle Yote for awhile, but unless you are frequently carrying a helmet in it, it's just not really necessary and the MAP or Flatpack are better choices, IMO.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a MAP...but I took it off after a few weeks.  Was having too much trouble fitting behind a steering wheel or getting in and out of the turret.  

Instead I use this ruck/pack when I need to carry stuff.  A bit on the big side but it fits everything I need to sustain for up to 72hrs
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]
How do you guys access an armor-mounted backpack?

Take the armor off? Call a buddy? some magic I don't understand?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are some ready solutions on the market as http://ctoms.ca/Mission-Essential-Equipment/2ndLine-External-Accessories/paris-assault-pack.html and many DIY jury riggiing possibilities.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't carry a lot in mine. Weight is pain.

Hydration bladder, spare batteries, some extra Med supplies, some spare batteries, a VS-17 panel, and a couple licky/chewies.

The only thing I really mess with regularly is the bladder to fill it, the rest just sits there for if needed.

If so, sure a buddy could access it, or I could take off the PC, if necessary.

YMMV.

ETA: HSP has the Flatpack Plus available for pre-order on their site now, and a video of Travis explaining and demoing the bag. Looks like a nice bag for standalone use, EDC, or range use, but IMO, too large to consider use on a PC.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
You don't, someone else gets stuff out of it for you.

Honestly I didn't much care for mine.  Either too much or too little space inside for stuff, and I never did figure out what would be good to keep in there.  The only things I have found useful on the back of my PC is my radio antenna and extra flashbangs if we're doing hood rat shit.  I'd much rather have a backpack than an attached thing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top