Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
If you haven't tried it, take one mag out of your TT Universal pouch, close it, then do a dozen jumping jacks. Is the mag still there?

If you still have to mags, take one out of the TT Universal, close it, and do another dozen jumping jacks.

Odds are you'll be picking mags up off the floor. There isn't enough Velcro on those pouches to securely hold AR mags when they aren't full. I did find sewing more velcro on helped, but at the end of the day they make for a half-decent small IFAK pouch (with your items in a bag) but that was about it.

Obviously YMMV, but I was unimpressed.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Your plate carrier is looking better. Your goal should always be to keep it as light as possible since you are already carrying an excessive amount of weight from your plates. I would totally abandon the idea of 3 mags in one pouch but like stated above it would make a good small ifak pouch. For your belt I would go with one rifle and a couple pistol. Also how secure is that belt? Have you tried sprinting then low crawling over and over? I for the most part I stopped using my CIF issued belt because it spins every time i get into the prone. Their are great alternatives that keep them anchored in place but I cant use them. Three rifle mags on your plate carrier, one on your belt, and one in your gun is plenty. If you feel the need for more you could store them in a ruck. You are headed in the right direction. Finally Id like to echo what Augee said about skill, fitness, and mindset. Those are vastly more important. If im beating a dead horse i apologize. I read through this thread several days ago and just now got a chance to comment.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:Oh, and my problem with getting a new holster is my light. The Olight Valkyrie. The hinge on the mount sticks out and not a lot of places make a holster for it. I may just ditch it in favor of a trl-1 hl.
View Quote
You seriously have to figure out a belt holster. Drop leg holsters are meme, they are terrible in real life applications.

1. Slower draw time.

2. Harder to draw in some positions.

3. Terrible to sprint with.

And number three is the real big issue. Drop leg is all fine and dandy when youre hiking, at the range, or posing in front of the mirror, but go run a 100m sprint using one. Its f***ing terrible. It puts you off balance, it works against your muscular anatomy, it pulls your belt and pants out of position.

I was preached to at length about drop leg holsters by an Infantry Marine I worked with who served three combat tours. Guy was as salty as they come but really knows his stuff. Just don't do it. There are affordable alternatives.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you haven't tried it, take one mag out of your TT Universal pouch, close it, then do a dozen jumping jacks. Is the mag still there?

If you still have to mags, take one out of the TT Universal, close it, and do another dozen jumping jacks.

Odds are you'll be picking mags up off the floor. There isn't enough Velcro on those pouches to securely hold AR mags when they aren't full. I did find sewing more velcro on helped, but at the end of the day they make for a half-decent small IFAK pouch (with your items in a bag) but that was about it.

Obviously YMMV, but I was unimpressed.
View Quote
The more I thought about it the more I think they are good for a limited role. If I needed to carry a ton of mags and couldn't have a sack or back pack.

Either way. They are gone.  I really like the Tacos.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Your plate carrier is looking better. Your goal should always be to keep it as light as possible since you are already carrying an excessive amount of weight from your plates. I would totally abandon the idea of 3 mags in one pouch but like stated above it would make a good small ifak pouch. For your belt I would go with one rifle and a couple pistol. Also how secure is that belt? Have you tried sprinting then low crawling over and over? I for the most part I stopped using my CIF issued belt because it spins every time i get into the prone. Their are great alternatives that keep them anchored in place but I cant use them. Three rifle mags on your plate carrier, one on your belt, and one in your gun is plenty. If you feel the need for more you could store them in a ruck. You are headed in the right direction. Finally Id like to echo what Augee said about skill, fitness, and mindset. Those are vastly more important. If im beating a dead horse i apologize. I read through this thread several days ago and just now got a chance to comment.
View Quote
Oh man. Those plates. I wish I could afford 4 pound ceramic plates instead of 7 pound ceramic plates lol.

My belt is secure. The original belt buckle broke the second time I wore it around the house lol. So I replaced it with really good buckle. The buckle costs three times more than the belt lol.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You seriously have to figure out a belt holster. Drop leg holsters are meme, they are terrible in real life applications.

1. Slower draw time.

2. Harder to draw in some positions.

3. Terrible to sprint with.

And number three is the real big issue. Drop leg is all fine and dandy when youre hiking, at the range, or posing in front of the mirror, but go run a 100m sprint using one. Its f***ing terrible. It puts you off balance, it works against your muscular anatomy, it pulls your belt and pants out of position.

I was preached to at length about drop leg holsters by an Infantry Marine I worked with who served three combat tours. Guy was as salty as they come but really knows his stuff. Just don't do it. There are affordable alternatives.
View Quote
You're right. I just love how far down it sits because my arms are so damn long.

But it's going to go.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok. Updates. I got rid of my big dump pouch on the belt and moved the Maxpedition rolly Polly from my PC to the belt.

And even though it's more weight but I really like two is one and one is none line of thought so I got the Velocity systems diddy whatever lol.

Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:07:17 AM EDT
[#8]
My thoughts on what you're at now, The VS dump pouch is kind of excessive, If you want you can put another TACO or I like the BFG tenspeed pouches on your left cummerbund where that is. Me personally, I'd remove the roly poly and put the VS on your belt. I have both, I just like the VS better since it's light and only takes up one spot. I'm a small guy though so YMMV on that.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top