Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 10:37:40 PM EDT
On my second line (LBT 1961 chest rig), I have a pouch dedicated to a pair of binos.   Do any of you guys carry binos in your second line?  

I just feel like a nice small pair of binoculars is a handy thing to have in easy reach.  I like my compact M24 Military 7X28 binos by Grumman.

*I actually do not have a "first line" - I have a Randall knife on my belt BUT everything else is in my chest rig....from my handgun, radio, multi tool, mags, compass, small survival kit, etc.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, Swarovski 10x25.

Gotta see first.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, a pair of Tasco binocs that I think are 12x. To see is to know.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Everywhere I go.
Pentax 8x32, or Vortex 10x42
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:56:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Canon image stabilized at work. I hated binos until I used them. Amazing. Can't afford them right now for personal use though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:47:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup every car i own has at least one set.  10 power and size varies depending on carry location, backpack, glove box, house, range bag, trailer, camping gear, office etc.  Yes I have a number of compact sets.  Love my Redfields 10 x 42.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely.

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had a 10x32 set of Bushnells for a couple of decades. They get thrown in the pack.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I should, but I don't.

They go along on all trips, but unless I am looking for something (birds etc.) then I don't drag them with me.

Binoculars are one of the great joys of my life, and they have enriched many things I have done, and many places I have been.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:09:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Can anyone recommend a good pair of binos that are small, compact, good quailty & can fit on a pouch on my PC?

Been wanting to get a pair for a while now but I have no idea what to get
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:55:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a pair of Zeiss 10x42 Terra ED Binoculars from B&H on a killer sale for $249.99.

What a great deal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can anyone recommend a good pair of binos that are small, compact, good quailty & can fit on a pouch on my PC?

View Quote

You sacrifice so much optically while making them compact that it is almost mutually exclusive with quality.

In optics bigger is better, assuming that corners aren't cut to permit selling at a lower price.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You sacrifice so much optically while making them compact that it is almost mutually exclusive with quality.

In optics bigger is better, assuming that corners aren't cut to permit selling at a lower price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like the Vortex Viper R/T 8x28s with Mil Scale and Man Target range finder reticle.

They are awesome little binos with a lot of capability, while still being light and relatively compact.

I've owned 4 of them, and they get bought off me.

I had some replacements on order, but they were back-ordered with my dealer, so I ended up buying some Leupold 10x42 BX-2s with the Mil Scale, which are a lot heavier, but have great glass for spotting.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:56:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Have to have binos, range finder etc.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#14]
If space is at a premium, you can carry one of the better quality monoculars.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I had no idea the Vortex range estimation bino/mono were a thing.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#16]
No, I have them in the car, but they are not part of my first or second line. They are a third line item for anyone other than dedicated recon or sniper personnel, IMO. They are not used to carry out the fight. They are used for intelligence and long range target aquisition. If you are a hunter, you don't need plates and plate carrier, you need a rig more closely resembling an unarmored recon or sniper load so binos in a chest carrier or pack for me.

If I need magnification with a plate carrier, it's a QD magnifer I can use with my red dot. My compact binos are 7x35 Leitz (Pre Leica) green rubber armored binos. As you go up in magnification the shaking becomes more of a detriment than glass quality. That means a tripod or stabilization. Binos over single tube are for extended viewing. What is your purpose and mission? That is what drives gear selection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top