Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2017 7:13:31 PM EDT
Anybody used these in the sandbox?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Carry them stateside for work. 2 single AR on the front of my PC and 2 pistol tacos on my belt. No issues.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
They work damn good. Can add secondary retention if you feel like you really need it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Used them in AFG. I like them, loved them over there. I switched between an M4 and an M39 EMR; didn't have to change pouches to carry the larger magazines.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Been using mine stateside for about 3 years now. Double rifle and single pistol. Work great, no issues.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I use them for 3 gun matches, and the range I go to is basically a giant sand box, does that count? I run 2 double decker tacos on a raven moduloader subload. For running and gunning, its perfect. Simple, low key set up I just thread my normal belt through. Retention is great, I've dropped on my side on them a few times no problems. Put them through a few MDTS classes, I have no gripes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Love em. M4 and M9 ammo pouches. All singles.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I have (3) double rifle (6) total mags, and a double pistol. They work great, and tension can be adjusted. They will be going with me when I deploy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Might sound dumb but will a water bottle fit in them?  Like a Disani for example.

I have Tactical Tailor universal mag pouches right now and I really like them. They have a flap if I want to cover them. They hold from 1 to 3 5.56 mags a piece if I need to.  I can flocks the flap in back if I want to have them open

Plus most if the pics I see of military guys, even the tier one guys have pouches with flaps.

But the Tacos look so damn cool and everyone says they do perform.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might sound dumb but will a water bottle fit in them?  Like a Disani for example.

I have Tactical Tailor universal mag pouches right now and I really like them. They have a flap if I want to cover them. They hold from 1 to 3 5.56 mags a piece if I need to.  I can flocks the flap in back if I want to have them open

Plus most if the pics I see of military guys, even the tier one guys have pouches with flaps.

But the Tacos look so damn cool and everyone says they do perform.
View Quote

I believe the soft tacos will hold like up to 3 5.56 mags or a water bottle.  The regular tacos only accommodate 1 mag.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I use them in the states because I can swap between 762 and 556 mags but deployed I prefer ESSTAC.  Big advantage of ESSTAC is the ease in getting mags back in there if you are moving mags around when redistributing ammo, ESSTAC has a little better retention when going over obstacles, and they flop less, not that TACOs flop that much but there is a difference.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep, KYWIs are better IMO.  TACOs are still good, and they're great if you'll be shooting 5.56 today, .308 tomorrow, and 12g the next day.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#12]
The HSGI Taco line will hold many items that they were never intended for due to the construction and design.  I suggest that you visit our website for further information.

HSGI has a "Covered/Flap" line of Taco products.  Not all versions have been released as of yet.

Feel free to contact us directly and we will help with your concerns or questions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top