Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2017 10:56:09 PM EDT
Ok,

So I need a helmet for multiple activities including-  Snowboarding, Bike riding, climbing, camera mount, and NV things!  I am really torn between the Ops-Core Fast and the Team Wendy...  Any input would be awesome!

Thanks,
JD
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure GD still hates team Wendy
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep last I heard still hate Team Wendy.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but are Troy, H-S Precision, and Spikes okay again? It's so hard to keep up with these things sometimes. OP, you'll do fine with either, just pay attention to their respective sizing charts. I bought my TW before the debacle, and found their numbers to be fairly spot-on. I do like the ratcheting strap on my TW, but I believe Ops Core uses a worm drive which works similarly.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#4]
You'd get laughed at if someone saw you snowboarding or riding a bike wearing something like this

Get yourself a bicycle helmet, snowboarding helmet, and cheap helmet for night vision.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You'd get laughed at if someone saw you snowboarding or riding a bike wearing something like this

http://www.ops-core.com/product_images/uploaded_images/home-pi-systemplatforms.png

Get yourself a bicycle helmet, snowboarding helmet, and cheap helmet for night vision.
View Quote

If he's shredding gnar gnar pow pow there's no one there to judge. Plus I'm sure you could mount like two contours and go pro on that and kick out some sick video.

If I ever live near a mountain with snow again I would consider an opscore for boarding
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep in mind as well that a bump helmet is not rated for a snowboard or bicycle crash. I am an avid back country snowboarder, and a downhill mountain biker. I would never trust a bump helmet for either of those activities.
With all that being said, I have a TW exfil carbon bump helmet. Comfortable, and suits my needs with my NV monocular.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://www.ops-core.com/product_images/uploaded_images/home-pi-systemplatforms.png

View Quote

Meh, the same douche-bags that watch CNN and MTV would probably not like that helmet and try to make fun of it.

I'm a nerd, so I would find it cool... I say do what you want, this would look cool to me if I saw some peep sporting it while out snowboarding or riding a bike on some trail... Besides the built-in goodies that would make mounting NVG, ear-pro, cameras on it... Or slapping on funny velcro-patches or whatever
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

but are Troy, H-S Precision, and Spikes okay again? It's so hard to keep up with these things sometimes. OP, you'll do fine with either, just pay attention to their respective sizing charts. I bought my TW before the debacle, and found their numbers to be fairly spot-on. I do like the ratcheting strap on my TW, but I believe Ops Core uses a worm drive which works similarly.
View Quote

Who says they are good again?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm pretty sure TW's bread and butter was caving/mountaineering/SAR helmets. Using one for snowboarding is not far fetched.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#11]
All of these different sports have very different mortality rates and injury profiles. Anyone who thinks that "one helmet fits all" is being willfully ignorant at best.

Bike helmets and snowboarding helmets are cheap and also totally different. Protect your noggin appropriately.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#12]
PT bump helmets are very affordable.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:57:04 AM EDT
[#13]
New in Helmets. What is the Deal/ Problem with Wendy Helmets?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#14]
1) f**k TW
2) Bike helmets are designed for a single use, a large impact will cause the poam core to crumble. This is necessary as bike accidents happen and much higher speeds so its needed to absorb shock to the brain and is actually superior than bump helmets.
3) Bump helmets used while skate boarding, rick climbing or in the military have harder foam and a harder shell, they are reusable but transfer more impact energy to the brain.

Helmets are designed for specific purposes, I would buy multiple helmets.

Quoted:
New in Helmets. What is the Deal/ Problem with Wendy Helmets?
View Quote

They supported Hillary during the last election, both financially and invited her to tour the facility and made a big press release. When called out on it by many members of the armed forces,  law enforcement and shooting community, their president doubled down and went full retard in support of her making a public statement about how great she was.

The firearms community responded by boycotting their products.

They make good products, but I cant bring myself to buy stuff from a company that actively backs a candidate that would strip us of our 2A rights and would also (ironically) support laws that kept people from owning body armor...they vary product they sell. But TW doesn't care because their money comes not from civilians but from big government contracts.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Why do we hate Troy and hs and spike?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Seriously, do we need to rehash this crap in the tech forums?
View Quote

Na but a link to what people are talking about won't hurt.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It was all over the Internet for weeks. Try using Google.
View Quote

Team Wendy was but what about the others? Spikes and what not. See now we're talking about it when you could have just posted links.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top