Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2017 4:03:18 PM EDT
My last pack finally died on me, a maxpedition condor II. Was a decent pack but kinda small and it finally started falling apart at seams and stitching areas.

Been looking around for a new pack in the 2000 cu. in. size and i really liked the internal organization of the 5.11 rush 24 but from what i can tell its another made in china cordura nylon knock off that was designed to keep the costs as low as possible while cutting quality as well.

Anything out there that is like the 5.11 24 pack but made with quality materials and doesnt cut every corner possible yet has good internal organization?

I was looking at the LBT 3 day pack and the eagle A-III molle pack, both look pretty good but have 0 internal organization, just 3 seperate large chambers.

max budget is around the $250 to $275 mark but cheaper is better as long as its still high quality.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my maxpedition vulture ii. Also check out some of Tactical Tailors offerings. "If" my vulture someday falls apart I might look hard at some of their stuff.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the intended use of the pack? (EDC, Backpacking, Travel, Work, etc.)

How important is internal organization versus the 2000 cu. in. capacity? In my experience many multi day packs over 2000+ cubic inches do not have very impressive internal organization but accommodate aftermarket organization well.

If you put a ton of miles on your packs or are rough on them I would highly recommend saving to increase your budget to $375 or $400 and grab a pack along the lines of the kifaru x-ray, hill people gear umlindi, goruck gr2, or similar bomb proof pack if you can swing it. These packs will last a lifetime easily. If these don't fit the bill or are too far outside the budget give us a little bit more info and someone on here with a stronger pack fetish then I will be able to point you in the right direction!
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:59:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Camelbak Linchpin if you can find one. All the organization, but with mystery ranch suspension.

Or, just get a Mystery Ranch pack of choice (especially ones with the futura yoke like the linchpin).
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out GORUCK. goruck.com
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:15:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

second this. I sold both my mystery ranch packs, a camelbak linchpin and trizip, and now jave 3 go rucks in various styles.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Been looking around for a new pack in the 2000 cu. in. size and i really liked the internal organization of the 5.11 rush 24 but from what i can tell its another made in china cordura nylon knock off that was designed to keep the costs as low as possible while cutting quality as well.

Anything out there that is like the 5.11 24 pack but made with quality materials and doesnt cut every corner possible yet has good internal organization?
View Quote

I have the 5.11 rush 72 and love it.  Have it packed full and have not seen any issues at all.  It's about 5-6 years old now and been on many hikes.  I plan on getting the rush 24 soon.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I lived out of an LBT 3 day for two months of a three month trip once and if my shampoo hadn't come open inside it in Hamburg I could sell it as NIB.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:20:42 AM EDT
[#8]
The 5.11 Rush 24 is an outstanding day pack.  I've had one since 2011 and it has stood up well under desert conditions.  I have a 3L Camelback Beast milspec heavy duty hydration bladder in it for water.  Theninsulation keeps the water cool except in really hot conditions.  I haven't checked to see if it was made in China.  If it is, it is an excellent piece of kit.  I would buy it again if given the choice.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, you must be incredibly hard on packs. My girlfriend's Falcon II has seen 5 years of use, daily carried, on flights all over and so has my Operator, used as a police gear bag for 5 years. Both look almost new.

Was your pack a fake or something, lol?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Another Goruck vote.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Take a look at the Boss Beaver pack that Milspec Monkey sells.  It's made by Tactical Tailor.  I have two of them and they're great packs.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

GoRuck has a rather generous mil, leo, first responder discount as well
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wow, you must be incredibly hard on packs. My girlfriend's Falcon II has seen 5 years of use, daily carried, on flights all over and so has my Operator, used as a police gear bag for 5 years. Both look almost new.

Was your pack a fake or something, lol?
View Quote
This.  I've got a Falcon II and I've not been nice to it.  I'd expect 10 years of the type of use I put it through, at least.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I lived out of an LBT 3 day for two months of a three month trip once and if my shampoo hadn't come open inside it in Hamburg I could sell it as NIB.
View Quote

Always seal liquids up in a freezer bag when traveling.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Arcteryx Khard 30 or the knock off IBEX 30, which are $300+ or $120
Vertx Gammut Plus, $200
Kelty Redwing, $100

I personally like LBT which you can easily customize with MOLLE insert plates or packing cubes.

I would checkout Carryology or EDC Forum for more detail. Those are much more focused sites to this type of question.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#16]
LBT 3 day is hard to beat. Wait for one of the many sales they have and save a boatload of cash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top