Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2017 7:13:20 PM EDT
So there's been a couple of threads on here about pouches for rangefinders (or the lack thereof).  I've been looking for one for a while that will let me mount the pouch on the side of my bino harness.

My requirements

-no zippers or velcro

-one column of molle

-fits the vortex 1000 rf without bulk

-padded (not that important for me actually)

Seems simple enough but damn if it wasn't hard.....until I found Marsupial Gear

On the surface, it seemed to fit the bill so I ordered one and had it within a few days.  As a side note, there was a handwritten note in the box thanking me for my purchase and wishing me luck on future hunts.  Nice touch....

On to the pics....

Here is my setup.....GPS on one side and rangefinder on the other.

How the pouch mounts on the MOLLE.  Pouch doesn't appear to be MOLLE spec but works fine so far.  No flopping around yet, but I may try and adjust it later.

Pouch is secured by a small magnet and opens opposite from what you would think.  Not sure about this yet....no problems with it but its just different I guess and will take some getting used to.

Construction seems decent, price may be *bit* high but its USA made so....and no Multicam.  Don't know if they would do that if requested or if its planned.  Coyote worked for me.

Relatively simple piece of gear but lacking in the major manufacturers line ups, at least that was my experience.  There may be some pouches out there that could work for this but all I found was velcro and zippers.  

I have no affiliation with Marsupial gear and I paid for the pouch.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:01:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Strange design. I don't understand why the flap and the PALS would be on the same side like that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, not sure.  Their Bino pouch is the same arrangement, wonder if its just to keep things standard.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#3]
With the flap of the pouch being inboard, it's much less likely to be inadvertently opened by brushing against something, correct?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#4]
So apparently it was designed that way to fold out of the way and secured by an additional magnet on the side of the pouch

Seems like a handy feature without having to open/close the pouch repeatedly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top