Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2017 5:08:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
that's an awful lot of words just to ask what camo he should get.  it's not gonna matter in real life...it's all his personal preference
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Interceptor isn't that bad... lot of people hate on it from getting stuck with wearing every last shred of stuff that was made to clip on, but the vest slick is OK.

Color wise, tell him woodland is the best choice if he's looking to just pull the trigger, CB is good if he wants something that won't stand out as much. or wants to dye to a less military look (or spraypaint to a camo better matching terrain) .
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Woodland would be my first choice, with coyote brown as the second choice. Unless he lives in a desert or similar environment, then swith preference. 

UCP looks like hell no matter what and dying it is, in my opinion, not worth the effort. I'd rather just buy a better camo pattern from the start and save myself the time and the headache. 
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dunno if this guy wants to screw around with spray paint, as he's not at all  willing to dye stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interceptor isn't that bad... lot of people hate on it from getting stuck with wearing every last shred of stuff that was made to clip on, but the vest slick is OK.

Color wise, tell him woodland is the best choice if he's looking to just pull the trigger, CB is good if he wants something that won't stand out as much. or wants to dye to a less military look (or spraypaint to a camo better matching terrain) .
I dunno if this guy wants to screw around with spray paint, as he's not at all  willing to dye stuff.
LOL woodland it is! 
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Too bad, since it's easy to do.  I paint my gear, since I'm a cheapskate.  Will it get 8ntircate patterns?  No.  But if he's OK with atacs looking stuff, it'll work fine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
BCS Multicam Interceptor Carrier in  Multicam?  

http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/Interceptor-OTV-Carriers_c2.htm
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My acquaintance lives in NE.  Woodland all right for 70% of the year, when CB might be better due to winter-browned grass/fields.  I dunno, as a woodland vest with CB pouches affixed might be a better camo/contrast/silhouette breakup than either alone, with similar pouches affixed.  Likewise CB  vest with, say, multicam pouches might be OK during the 70% rest of the year.

Now, I'm confused, which is why I posted the topic here.  Looking for clarity, folks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Woodland would be my first choice, with coyote brown as the second choice. Unless he lives in a desert or similar environment, then swith preference. 

UCP looks like hell no matter what and dying it is, in my opinion, not worth the effort. I'd rather just buy a better camo pattern from the start and save myself the time and the headache. 
My acquaintance lives in NE.  Woodland all right for 70% of the year, when CB might be better due to winter-browned grass/fields.  I dunno, as a woodland vest with CB pouches affixed might be a better camo/contrast/silhouette breakup than either alone, with similar pouches affixed.  Likewise CB  vest with, say, multicam pouches might be OK during the 70% rest of the year.

Now, I'm confused, which is why I posted the topic here.  Looking for clarity, folks.

Just go Woodland then. 

I live a forest, and my gear is a hodgepodge of woodland/multicam/various greens/and tan. Works just fine 90% of the time, only time it struggles is if it snows, but anything besides actual snow camo will struggle in that environment. 

Seriously, don't overthink it. 
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Get woodland and quit over thinking it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I just traded some CoreLokt 30/06 for a Point Blank Woodland OTV.
The UCP one sucks
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I really like the interceptor. I wore it while in and now I have a coyote brown one and a woodland one which I wear a lot while running. Running 5-10 miles with SAPIs is more comfortable with the interceptor then with a plate carrier. In the summer on the hottest days plate carriers are a little better for ventilation but slick interceptors have a lot going for them. Lots of protection for lots of threats and easy on and off.

Here in RI and a lot of New England there are lots of pine trees, mountain laurel, and rhododendrons that woodland camo works pretty well year round.

This was 2 weeks ago I think

This was last month.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#14]
If it were me I'd buy the woodland for nostalgia alone.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I really like the interceptor.
View Quote

Same here, as compared to the IOTV or CIRAS.  I can crack the front open to vent off, and no PITA donning and doffing with glasses.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I've seen lots of auctions on Ebay for carriers without the Kevlar panels present. That may be the best option if he's looking for different colors.

I highly doubt you're going to find woodland DAPS, axillary, or lower back protectors. I simply think they don't exist and were never issued, as everything I could find was only UCP, DCU, or coyote. I had to order custom woodland made carriers from Beez for that. Finding the throat, neck, and groin protection in woodland was easy.

UCP/ACU really only works fine in three environments that I've seen; couches, cinderblock debris, and snow. Keep the UCP pattern stuff for the snow.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Getting a new batch of snow soon
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top