Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2017 4:03:56 PM EDT
I'm looking for a mid sized, preferably back pack, that I get for a medic bag. I usually carry a medic bag when I travel and I have been using a small cheap shoulder bag. It only has one large main pocket and two small end pockets. I want to put a few more thing and I don't have the room. I want something that has a lot small storage pouches and dedicated storage areas. The more I look the more confused I get. I like the idea of the Voodoo Modular Roll-Out pack or the Direct Action Tactical Pack. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a mid sized, preferably back pack, that I get for a medic bag. I usually carry a medic bag when I travel and I have been using a small cheap shoulder bag. It only has one large main pocket and two small end pockets. I want to put a few more thing and I don't have the room. I want something that has a lot small storage pouches and dedicated storage areas. The more I look the more confused I get. I like the idea of the Voodoo Modular Roll-Out pack or the Direct Action Tactical Pack. Any suggestions?
View Quote

Friends don't let friends buy Voodoo or Condor-both are cheap Chidura garbage that fall apart when you just look at them.

They should be sunk on the freight ships before they get within US Territorial Waters, they are that bad.

The Direct Action gear is high quality, Western-made, not sweat shop feces floating down the Yellow River.

For medic bags of the size you speak, there aren't a ton of options.

Tactical Tailor has a good medium size Trauma Pack, as well as the M5 Medic Pack.  Sounds like the M5 is what you seek:  Tactical Tailor M5

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:30:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Friends don't let friends buy Voodoo or Condor-both are cheap Chidura garbage that fall apart when you just look at them.

They should be sunk on the freight ships before they get within US Territorial Waters, they are that bad.

The Direct Action gear is high quality, Western-made, not sweat shop feces floating down the Yellow River.

For medic bags of the size you speak, there aren't a ton of options.

Tactical Tailor has a good medium size Trauma Pack, as well as the M5 Medic Pack.  Sounds like the M5 is what you seek:  Tactical Tailor M5

https://www.entrygear.com/productimages/TT%20M5%20medic%20pack%20coyote.jpg
View Quote

Listen to this guy OP.

Seriously, don't buy Condor or Voodoo or any of that crap. It all falls apart with even moderately rough handling. Hell, some of it just falls apart regardless of what you do with it. 

As for bag suggestions, I would second LRRPF52s suggestion of the M5 because I know TT makes good stuff, but I would also have a look at the bags made by BDS. Link to BDS bags. No experience with them, but some of their bags seem to be exactly what you're looking for and most are right around your price range.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
The Propper UC Pack is the answer to your question. It's almost a direct copy of their USMC Corpsman pack, just 3" shorter.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The M9 bag can be found pretty inexpensively on eBay.    It's a very well designed Med pack to actually work our of. A lot of "Med packs" are not really designed properly to actually work out of but just carry kit.  

Are you a medic?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The M9 bag can be found pretty inexpensively on eBay.    It's a very well designed Med pack to actually work our of. A lot of "Med packs" are not really designed properly to actually work out of but just carry kit.  

Are you a medic?
View Quote

No I'm not a "medic". I mainly carry a very large first aid kit, but wanting to add a few more bleed control items and don't have the room in my current bag.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:24:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd still recommend an M9 pack.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:16:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Camelback used to make a medical insert for the BFM. Not sure if they still make them but I am sure that you could find one here in EE. Then you could use whatever bag you like as long as the insert fits into it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top