Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2017 7:52:31 PM EDT
Is anybody keeping a D60 on their chest rig, belt, PC, or pack? And, if so, what pouch(es) are you using?

I picked up a couple from PSA when they had their bolt carrier group + D60 for $129.99 deals, since I need the BCG's, anyways. I'm not really planning to carry them around, but having the option isn't a bad thing, right? Based on the now-deleted GD thread about the M27 IAR, it sounds as if the USMC is likely to adopt the D60 as an issued item. If that's the case, I imagine they'll be buying pouches from somebody to haul them around. So, I got to wondering if anybody is already making a purpose-built pouch, or is everyone just using some kind of GP/Utility pouch?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul themselves make a D60 molle compatible pouch. Its right here on their website.

EDIT: Other than that that, you could probably try putting them in SAW ammo pouches or sustainment (read: mre/food pouch) pouches. 
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, shit. I guess I need to spend more time looking at MagPul's site. To be honest, when I think of them, I think polymer, not Cordura, so it never even dawned on me to look there. D'oh!!!! I guess I get to wear the Dumbass-of-the-Day award.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Magpul pouch price is full retard.   They fit in USGI molle canteen pouches just fine.   They aren't as pretty but sheesh, $65?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
How about the Molle II IFAK pouch? I'm betting that might work fine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul pouch price is full retard.   They fit in USGI molle canteen pouches just fine.   They aren't as pretty but sheesh, $65?
View Quote

It takes a bit more work (labor time) to make a fully padded pouch and to make it look as clean as theirs is.

The price is right from my perspective of actually making fully padded pouches.

You will have at least 2-4 additional templates or laser cut files, with at least 2x the cut time, and a lot more sew time.

Lots of time + labor = increased cost.  The price makes sense for them to still have some margins left over.

Do you sew?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How about the Molle II IFAK pouch? I'm betting that might work fine.
View Quote

They will fit it, but you won't have padded construction.

Why do you want padded construction?

3x the weight on one set of feed lips = increased chances of lip impact or damage, especially in extreme cold weather.

It makes a lot of sense to protect your $129 investment in this case, especially if your life depends on it.

If you are wealthy and have more dollars than sense, buy a $129 magazine and then get your garbage surplus pouch with single later Cordura, load up the mag, drop it in, and have a blast.

If you want to protect it, get a fully padded pouch with thick padding at the feed lip area.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

3x the weight on one set of feed lips = increased chances of lip impact or damage, especially in extreme cold weather.

It makes a lot of sense to protect your $129 investment in this case, especially if your life depends on it.

If you are wealthy and have more dollars than sense, buy a $129 magazine and then get your garbage surplus pouch with single later Cordura, load up the mag, drop it in, and have a blast.

If you want to protect it, get a fully padded pouch with thick padding at the feed lip area.
View Quote

Yeah but the magpul pouch doesn't come in multicam....sort of a deal breaker
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They probably only offer it in coyote right now because the USMC is the only branch of service currently considering ordering D60's in mass quantities, they issue coyote gear, and MagPul is hoping the contract will include drums, pouches, and whatever other items they can convince the Corps to buy. Maybe if they do get the contract with the USMC, they'll anticipate enough demand from soldiers and civilians to make it worth it to start producing in Multicam.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easy to line a pouch with closed cell foam. 100mph tape the foam into an insert. There's already a foam insert for the canteen/utility pouch thats meant for nods too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Easy to line a pouch with closed cell foam. 100mph tape the foam into an insert. There's already a foam insert for the canteen/utility pouch thats meant for nods too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100mph tape with from, in 2017?

Ever spent time with gear in 110°-120° heat?  Even 95° heat causes adhesive seeping.

I just make my pouches with padding in them and pack cloth liner as a rule.  Protects feed lips, NODs, binos, LRFs, Kestrels, whatever.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ever spent time with gear in 110°-120° heat?  Even 95° heat causes adhesive seeping.

I just make my pouches with padding in them and pack cloth liner as a rule.  Protects feed lips, NODs, binos, LRFs, Kestrels, whatever.
View Quote

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/100mphtape.aspx

Im still using a 20 year old roll.

You're not coating the thing with tape. You make a five sided folding form and tape the outside with one strip. Not rocket science.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#12]
You could probably use a SAW or 240 pouch. Blueforce makes some helium whisper pouches which are super light but $80 a piece.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You're not coating the thing with tape. You make a five sided folding form and tape the outside with one strip. Not rocket science.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to do that for my little electric shaver and one other thing.

I'll make my own padded pouch for this in MultiCam, with more ideal closure method and arrangement of the shape of the pouches.

It will be fully lined with 400D pack cloth, with 500D MC Cordura on the outside.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I used to do that for my little electric shaver and one other thing.

I'll make my own padded pouch for this in MultiCam, with more ideal closure method and arrangement of the shape of the pouches.

It will be fully lined with 400D pack cloth, with 500D MC Cordura on the outside.
View Quote

Nice. I use pack cloth for making padded slings. Lighter than the cordura and doesn't abrade easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top