Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2017 10:47:01 PM EDT
I just received all of the components to put together an "active shooter kit" for work (LEO). I opted to go with the following components:

HSGI padded leg panel
(2) HSGI Rifle Tacos
HSGI Bleeder/Blowout kit

The one thing I didn't realize before putting this together is that there really isn't a quick way to mount/interface this to my duty belt, short of leaving the included belt loops permanently on my belt (not really an option).

So my question is, is there anybody else who has figured a way to mount this to their duty belt in an quick way? I was thinking that a loop of webbing with a quick release buckle (think belt keeper) that could be fed through behind the inner belt like a belt keeper and then have another male end of the quick release buckle system sewn in place to mount the leg panel to. Anybody know of any such creation already available?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Might try something like this?

This

It looks like you could pick up two of the smaller ones and use them instead of th supplied drops. Then you found insert the paddles and be GTG.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
run it as a bandolier......it will be a million times easier to throw on should you really need it
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Any kind of leg panel can be a pain in the arse, I went away from that kind of set up a few years back.  Get yourself a plate carrier that you can throw on over your uniform. I have a brother who got a carrier plus back and side plates for under $200.00.  If you can't fork out that kind of change just yet then go with a well stocked BOB.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The leg panels are slow in my opinion, quicker to throw on a chest rig or a plate carrier. If you really want to run the leg rig, one of my teammates keeps the female buckle on his duty belt all the time, but I have other gear at that location so it wasn't an option for me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Find a way to mount the belt loop to a Tek-lok. Screws, zip ties, paracord, homemade kydex adapter, webbing adapter etc.

Or use a hook and loop belt keeper threaded through the buckle to attach it to your belt.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Update: I was finally able to get in touch with HSGI to see about a custom order. I found a belt keeper produced by Bianchi/Safariland that has a key ring sewn into it. I sent what I was wanting along with a picture of the Bianchi/Safariland product to the guys at HSGI and I'm waiting to hear back from their production manager.

This is the product from Bianchi/Safariland.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I would make modified keeper straps with a 3/4" web loop extending past the lower end, then route two ITW G-Hooks onto the two 1" webbing vertical hanger straps, So you just hook th G Hooks onto the keeper loops, fasten the thigh strap then rock-n-roll.   Or pop National Molding Duraflex Female Repair Buckles onto the belt keeper loops, then plug male fastex buckles threaded onto the HSGI Costa panel straps, into the Female Repair Buckles.

http://nationalmoldingduraflex.com/112snaponfemalerepairbuckle.aspx

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Update! I reached out the awesome people at HSGI and they came through with a solution for me. It's a replacement strap which hooks back into itself. I couldn't be more happy. It makes the leg panel ride higher on my leg and is just low enough to clear the bottom of my Taser holster.

Thanks again to the awesome people at HSGI who made this happen. Hopefully they start offering this as an option available when ordering.

Since this update would be useless without pics...

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:35:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update! I reached out the awesome people at HSGI and they came through with a solution for me. It's a replacement strap which hooks back into itself. I couldn't be more happy. It makes the leg panel ride higher on my leg and is just low enough to clear the bottom of my Taser holster.

Thanks again to the awesome people at HSGI who made this happen. Hopefully they start offering this as an option available when ordering.

Since this update would be useless without pics...

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/camoman33935/Mobile%20Uploads/36F6D934-308F-4C59-94FA-AC587C4F142D.jpg

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae75/camoman33935/Mobile%20Uploads/F900B042-A441-4073-8B6E-15A6F11D7132.jpg
View Quote
How can I get one!!!!

I wanna get a Leg rig soon and this is EXACTLY what I need. Can I buy this from HSGI or do I need to contact them?
Also how much?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:10:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Have you tried mounting that? I tried routing stuff around a duty belt in the past and it was a huge no-go
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How can I get one!!!!

I wanna get a Leg rig soon and this is EXACTLY what I need. Can I buy this from HSGI or do I need to contact them?
Also how much?
View Quote

HSGI offers the same leg rig set up that I have as a kit on their site. I didn't order mine directly from them though. The replacement belt loops I had to contact them about. Give their customer service a call and I'm sure they would help you out.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Have you tried mounting that? I tried routing stuff around a duty belt in the past and it was a huge no-go
View Quote

Yes I have and it's decently quick to put on. The way my duty belt is set up, my Taser and magazines take up the 10 o clock to 11 o clock position on my belt. This leaves a gap between the 11 o clock position and 12 o clock position as well as a gap between the 10 o clock and 9 o clock. Since there's a gap there already it's just like threading a belt keeper through.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

HSGI offers the same leg rig set up that I have as a kit on their site. I didn't order mine directly from them though. The replacement belt loops I had to contact them about. Give their customer service a call and I'm sure they would help you out.
View Quote
HSGI Active Shooter Combo

I wanna get this combo as it will save me some funds, I'll just call HSGI and ask for the replacement straps whenever I pickup my leg rig.

Thanks bud
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you mount it while driving to a scene? Having the ability to simply throw a strap over your shoulder and bail out of the vehicle is a huge plus and why I keep a bandolier up front with me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top