Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2017 6:57:46 PM EDT
I'm looking for a MOLLE mounted hands-free flashlight to go on my FLC, but I have no idea what all is out there and whats decent or crap. 

I don't want one of those tiny little "task lights" that only puts out a couple lumens for reading maps and stuff, I want a light poweful enough to walk through the woods with. I'm guessing the angle-head style is what I seek, but like I said I don't know much about my options with this style of light. 

I'd prefer USA made (not a requirement, but definitely prefered) and I'm willing to buy surplus as long as it isn't too beat up. Don't need IR capability as I have no NODS and won't for a long, long time. 

So, what are my options?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Streamlight sidewinder or Sidewinder II?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about the use you are describing. Just about any MOLLE mount is going to bounce around while moving and make you a huge target in non permissive situations. Based on walking in the woods situations, I would strongly recommend a head mounted flashlight if not trying to be sneaky. Head lamps illuminate where you look.

I do have a several of the County Comm task lights that fit onto MOLLE web straps.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of these:

QUAD TACTICAL MPLS

I just use it as a headlamp but the strap comes right off to attach it to molle.

Looks like all the Princeton Tec tactical headlamps are like that.

I also have a Petzl Tikka and it doesn't look like it can mount the same way.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Get a headlamp.

Your options will expand 100 fold, it points where you look and won't bounce around as much.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a headlamp.

Your options will expand 100 fold, it points where you look and won't bounce around as much.
View Quote

Absolutely this.

I messed around with a carried-mounted light and it sucked, hard.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:14:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a MOLLE mounted hands-free flashlight to go on my FLC, but I have no idea what all is out there and whats decent or crap. 

I don't want one of those tiny little "task lights" that only puts out a couple lumens for reading maps and stuff, I want a light poweful enough to walk through the woods with. I'm guessing the angle-head style is what I seek, but like I said I don't know much about my options with this style of light. 

I'd prefer USA made (not a requirement, but definitely prefered) and I'm willing to buy surplus as long as it isn't too beat up. Don't need IR capability as I have no NODS and won't for a long, long time. 

So, what are my options?
View Quote

The Klarus AR10 might do what you're looking for.  It's a 1080 lumen light that converts between straight and 90 degrees.  It also comes with a metal belt clip that you could hook over the molle, in theory.  I don't run it up front but it does fit into a taco real well:

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Olight H1R Nova.... might triple as a headlamp, pocket light and work with molle??
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#8]
All options I am aware of:

Streamlight Sidewinder (Versions I and II)
Surefire Helmet Light w/ MOLLE adapter
Firstlight Tomahawk w/ TRS Adapter
Princeton Tec HL w/ MPLS kit
Any HL that can be removed from the headband can be mounted to MOLLE (IE Petzl Tactikka)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top